the 100% directionless thread

Been a while so grilling some pork tenderloins
1000016960.jpg

Enroute.

Am I the only one that sees a post, starts to write a response and then just says… “The heck with it.“
Nope... Half the time I got into one of these threads I have a draft from who knows when.

Am I the only one that sees a post, starts to write a response and then just says… “The heck with it.“

I typically do, but it goes the opposite way and then I get a forced vacation from here.

So I set out for my morning walk, used to do it with my pup before she passed, and I’m ambling down the rural road getting my music started. The next thing I know, I’m rolling on the ground and my right ankle is screaming at me.

I seem to have stepped in a dip in the road and rolled it. Holy Effing Schnikes it hurt. Couldn’t even stand up for a full minute. Finally rolled to a sitting position and the local Mail Man pulls up to check on me. I know I can’t make it home and my wife has to get to work, so I’m thinking who to call. Carrier looks at me and asks me if I want a ride but don’t tell anyone. I of course agree and he physically helps me over to the truck and rolls me in and takes me home. (He knows where I live as I always make it a point to say hi and wave and put out treats at Christmas).

He drops me off and again puts his arm around me to help me up the steps. I’d love to get him an Atta-Boy but can’t as he’d get fired.

Moral of the story: Treat workers nicely. You never know who’s going to help out.

Second Tip: Always keep a couple of Rx Narcs from your surgery in case you blow out your ankle.

Back