the 100% directionless thread

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
That moment when you're trying to get to work, but the last intersection before the station is being blocked.... by the off going crew..

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
It has gone dramatically downhill.

And in my opinion not that I’m pointing names or naming fingers but I think a lot has to do when someone “revives” an old thread with either a reply to a poster or is just contributing with relevance to the topic at hand and instantly gets shut down because it’s X years old.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
And in my opinion not that I’m pointing names or naming fingers but I think a lot has to do when someone “revives” an old thread with either a reply to a poster or is just contributing with relevance to the topic at hand and instantly gets shut down because it’s X years old.
10 years is quite a long time…

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
10 years is quite a long time…
Who gives a **** if the post is still relevant to the topic at hand.

We still talk about Iraq, Afghanistan, 9/11, and that was in the early 2000's.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I think most of what needs to be said has already been said. There are easier, faster, better platforms for having these conversations. And frankly, I find the whole anonymous poster thing to be ridiculous.

The people who are making things happen in EMS are out there posting content under their real name. They’re not hiding behind a pseudonym. Or pretending to be something that they’re not.

Podcasts, blogs and real-time groups have all but made this forum redundant. The only reason I still read and post here is occasionally there’s a nugget of goodness amidst the swirling chunks of feces that make up this forum.

But the salad days of EMTlife are long past.

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
I think most of what needs to be said has already been said. There are easier, faster, better platforms for having these conversations. And frankly, I find the whole anonymous poster thing to be ridiculous.

The people who are making things happen in EMS are out there posting content under their real name. They’re not hiding behind a pseudonym. Or pretending to be something that they’re not.

Podcasts, blogs and real-time groups have all but made this forum redundant. The only reason I still read and post here is occasionally there’s a nugget of goodness amidst the swirling chunks of feces that make up this forum.

Sounds like the argument is more platform related than what else is available. There are a couple (I'm actually thinking of just one because I don't spend a lot of unfocused time on the web) of notable formats identical to this one that I find pretty useful. There are really good conversations to have but your base has to be meaningfully engaged academically IMO to really attract those conversations and give relevant answers.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief

Anonymous to a degree. I bought shears off you once I believe. I got BBQ with gurby during his med school interview days. Cal has my number from elk hunting. A few of y'all have either seen my name, me, or at least a easy way to reach me.

That being said, I still drop in because there are familiar names I tried to emulate in my baby medic days that are still around.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief

So your name really is NomadicMedic then..?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
So your name really is NomadicMedic then..?
It’s DEmedic.
Anonymous to a degree. I bought shears off you once I believe. I got BBQ with gurby during his med school interview days. Cal has my number from elk hunting. A few of y'all have either seen my name, me, or at least a easy way to reach me.

That being said, I still drop in because there are familiar names I tried to emulate in my baby medic days that are still around.
Right on. I’ve honestly mostly lost interest in posting. There is a fair amount of redundancy, but that’s anywhere.

I don’t have any (other?) forms of SM. Over the years I’ve become less interested in impacting my field (hats off to those who still fight that fight, not for me), in favor of more personally fulfilling endeavors.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I think an EMTLife BBQ would be pretty cool. I'd be down.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Whew, the EMS gods did not want me working out yesterday it seemed, we got a couple back to back calls 3ish when I wanted to start (then I was cooking dinner for the station later).
Finally on the treadmill late, got a call right after I started, finally later finished my run, another call while I was in the shower 🤪 one of those days haha

Achilles

Forum Moron
It’s DEmedic.

Right on. I’ve honestly mostly lost interest in posting. There is a fair amount of redundancy, but that’s anywhere.

I don’t have any (other?) forms of SM. Over the years I’ve become less interested in impacting my field (hats off to those who still fight that fight, not for me), in favor of more personally fulfilling endeavors.
I’m pretty sure demedic was an moderator, I vaguely recall her giving me an infraction or citation or whatever it was/ is called.

there was also jpinv, Sasha, big bald guy, angel, either tigger or trigger??

thats about all I remember

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I’m pretty sure demedic was an moderator, I vaguely recall her giving me an infraction or citation or whatever it was/ is called.

there was also jpinv, Sasha, big bald guy, angel, either tigger or trigger??

thats about all I remember
Who are you trying to list? Old active members? medicRob, MrBrown, Kat, LifeguardForLife, RidRyder, NVRob/Handsome Robb, Linuss, Veneficus are some of the names I remember.

Edit: I was just looking at the members lists. Jeez... some people joined after me, became in active years ago, and still have like 4-5x posts than I do.