the 100% directionless thread

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Garmin, Brooks, and Oakley all have me pretty committed.
I love the Garmin watches and if I could make and receive texts and phone calls on them I would definitely have one. Until then, I need to stick with my Apple Watch. It's so nice to not need to have my phone with me but still know that my family or work could still get ahold of me if needed.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Plot twist, I am a firefighter!

But the difference of the FF/PMs who know what the back of an ambulance looks like and those who don’t….remains staggering.
You're tiggering me. #tiggered

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I love the Garmin watches and if I could make and receive texts and phone calls on them I would definitely have one. Until then, I need to stick with my Apple Watch. It's so nice to not need to have my phone with me but still know that my family or work could still get ahold of me if needed.
I can receive all that stuff, I just can't respond to them with the watch. But all my texts, or calls when I'm at work, etc all show up. Doesn't quite sound like what you're wanting though.

OKparamurse

Murse 'n medic
I do admittedly feel ridiculous asking this, but I'm also curious. All are relevant certs and I feel like they should be listed, but I feel like it looks pretty goofy. Less is more? Wear 'em proud? Use a dash to separate medic certs from RN? Or have I had one too many Bangs and overthinking this entirely?
Screenshot_20220727-184433_Chrome.jpg

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
I do admittedly feel ridiculous asking this, but I'm also curious. All are relevant certs and I feel like they should be listed, but I feel like it looks pretty goofy. Less is more? Wear 'em proud? Use a dash to separate medic certs from RN? Or have I had one too many Bangs and overthinking this entirely?
View attachment 5558
Nothing wrong if that’s what flies. You EARNED them.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Mine just says flight attendant.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Non flying flight attendant

M3dicalR3dn3ck

Idolizes Johnny and Roy
On Tuesday one of my patients promoted both me and my partner to paramedic, so we'll be hollering at the State Health Department for our new licenses 😂 lol if only it was that easy

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Seriously thinking about upgrading my old tablet (it's like an almost 10 year old Amazon Fire HDX 8.9").

Sacrilegious I know, but the Apple iPad Mini 6 looks like the most attractive option (at the very least it has the same USB-C charger as my phone so no need to buy a bunch of new cables lol).

I just don't wanna spend "new tablet" money (especially "new Apple tablet" money) lols

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
View attachment 5558

1659040156111.png
It can get a little redonk-ulous....

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
View attachment 5558
Or just go simple FP-C, RN.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Ugh, almost done with online quarterly training. 4.5 hours of online OB training. Yaaaay...

M3dicalR3dn3ck

Idolizes Johnny and Roy
Yesterday was probably the second most fun I've had in the short month that I've been on the truck. Me and my partner accepted a challenge from the other day crew working for a competition to see who could get the most calls. While it ended in a tie, our chief was loving it because we were working hard to knock out our calls. The only days that have been better were when I was partnered with one of the guys on the other crew, we had the vibe and coordination necessary for partners to have

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Yesterday was probably the second most fun I've had in the short month that I've been on the truck. Me and my partner accepted a challenge from the other day crew working for a competition to see who could get the most calls. While it ended in a tie, our chief was loving it because we were working hard to knock out our calls. The only days that have been better were when I was partnered with one of the guys on the other crew, we had the vibe and coordination necessary for partners to have
If you do the impossible once, your boss will expect it to be the new norm.

M3dicalR3dn3ck

Idolizes Johnny and Roy
My only complaint about the company I work for is the hourly pay, but I been treated real good so far. But I wanna get on the first available 911 spot they have open up

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Whew, now that was a busy last shift before starting vacation...
Activated Fire Alarm at the apartments where we had a working fire last shift
Another 2 alarm house fire (we pulled up first in engine, 2nd company on scene behind the 1st in Quint)
CPR case that required forced entry (pt had a DNR though, which they pulled out after we popped the door)
And finished off with a rollover (no pinned or extrication needed thankfully)

Left almost straight to the airport from work, thankfully I have PreCheck, security was faster than checking in a bag! Lol

Anyways, So Cal here I come!