the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
When the Japanese started bombing Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, the HFD quickly responded to the crisis. The first of three responding HFD companies arrived to find Hickam Field's fire station hit by bombs. Honolulu firefighters worked tirelessly to extinguish flames and save as many U.S. planes as possible, but the second wave of Japanese Zero aircraft approached. Hoseman Harry Tuck Lee Pang was shot and killed; Captains Thomas Macy and John Carreira died in a bomb blast. Six other firefighters were injured. The HFD lists among its members nine men who were awarded the Order of the Purple Heart, including three dead members who were awarded the medal in 1984. This made the HFD the only fire department on American soil whose members were attacked by a foreign nation and were awarded Purple Hearts relating to their duties. This honor is now only awarded to members of the Armed Forces wounded in battle.

Attachments

• 8608-file.png
    8608-file.png
    325.9 KB · Views: 74

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Never knew that, Jim! Pretty remarkable heroism!

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
My test cut off at 70-something. Did I pass? :p

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Early Christmas present from the wife tonight, a bottle of Blanton's. Took a lot of effort to stop after 2 pours.
That's the way to make the holidays merry!

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
I keep looking for an AEMT course and keep failing to find one. Such a pain.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I honestly thought all of us here were paramedics except for Jim, lol!

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Some days I really want to send a program wide email detailing the difference between "reply" and "reply all" and when it is and is not appropriate to use each, but someone would just reply all

Today is one of those days.

Last edited:

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Some days I really want to send a program wide email detailing the difference between "reply" and "reply all" and when it is and is not appropriate to use each, but someone would just reply all

Today is one of those days.
Preach!!!

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
My vacation is booked, I'll be back in LA week after Christmas thru the first week of Jan (2 weeks total)

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
My vacation is booked, I'll be back in LA week after Christmas thru the first week of Jan (2 weeks total)
Is this where The EMTLife Expo will be held? :)

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Day one of BJJ. Wake up sore and realize how out of shape I am. (Technically round is a shape). And here I go back for day two. PS my son is in love with it.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Dang that was the worst burn injury I've seen. Charred, leathery, dark, no pain to the burned area but periphery and other areas? Check check check check.... like almost their entire left side of their back, left arm, back of left leg, right forearm, probably 25%.... 🤕

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Ouch

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I forget if I said this already, but my base closed and, in my opinion, there was no good spot to transfer locally. There were only 2 full time spots in California, 1 part time, and the closest one was a 3 hour drive with no off duty. My Dodge Durango gets 12 mpg and no way I can ride my crotch rocket that far (got a CBR500 and Kawasaki, neither are comfortable after 30-60 minutes of riding). I felt the only good option was float or travel outside of the state. It's my understanding they pay for all the travel expenses, hotel or off duty, rental, etc. Seems pretty legit. Only problem is I let my national registry expire because I didn't plan on moving out of California. Whelp, I got my national registry again and gonna try the travel spot. Don't know where yet, but think it is gonna be an interesting commute. I hear it is 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off, which seems very legit to me. I thought 5 days off was great so this I think will be any better. Hopefully I like it... I was so close to just going back on the ambulance or just going for one of the local flight companies, but trying to stick with my company. I hope it all works out. Excited to be nationally registered again. Never thought I'd be flown to work out of state and flown back to continue living in California.... That's crazy to me. Anyways, I'll let you guys know where I go. Sounds like maybe wherever tornadoes or scorpions are, lol.