the 100% directionless thread

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
If I can't pay for a window to be fixed, I'm not sure how to pay for a ticket.
Imagine having to pay the cost of the repair and the ticket (should that be a thing in Texas).

Maybe it’s not fair, that’s not going to stop you from getting farther in the hole.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Imagine having to pay the cost of the repair and the ticket (should that be a thing in Texas).

Maybe it’s not fair, that’s not going to stop you from getting farther in the hole.

Just trying to get these jobs going so I can pay the bills that keep the lights on (they're back on, yay), keep a roof over me, a little food and gas in the tank to go to work. Just the basics at this point.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Driving is a privilege, coupled with a responsibility to follow the law. Your income issues aren’t an excuse to operate an unsafe vehicle. Not to mention what your insurance company will say when you FTP or get in an accident due to mechanical issues...

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Driving is a privilege, coupled with a responsibility to follow the law. Your income issues aren’t an excuse to operate an unsafe vehicle. Not to mention what your insurance company will say when you FTP or get in an accident due to mechanical issues...

I mean, I don't have issues with visibility.

And if I pay for my car's glass (that no cop has cared about for years, even even pulled over they didn't mention it but could care at any second), then okay. It could crack driving home and then I've got to explain to myself why I couldn't afford my medication, that regardless of it cracks soon or not, where my priorities are.

The law doesn't defend me from starvation (for denied for food stamps while I had no income) or not being able to go to work. It's not ideal , my position, but I've got to look out for myself.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
I just sent a message withdrawing from my summer camp position. I was very much looking forward to it, but at this point I can't be certain that the profound fatigue will improve sufficiently in time. I'm hoping they will allow me to help out in a volunteer capacity.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
If Anyone has paramedic care and princible books for sale, I'm looking for the 5th edition, special considerations and operations.

Mine got flooded after a frozen pipe burst and I dunno what else to do. It's kinda toast.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
I mean, I don't have issues with visibility.

And if I pay for my car's glass (that no cop has cared about for years, even even pulled over they didn't mention it but could care at any second), then okay. It could crack driving home and then I've got to explain to myself why I couldn't afford my medication, that regardless of it cracks soon or not, where my priorities are.

The law doesn't defend me from starvation (for denied for food stamps while I had no income) or not being able to go to work. It's not ideal , my position, but I've got to look out for myself.
Actually, you are required to obey the law. Don’t, and be prepared to suffer the consequences. That’s not on society, it’s on you. Would you demand to work as an EMT with expired carts, then sue when you’re not hired?

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Actually, you are required to obey the law. Don’t, and be prepared to suffer the consequences. That’s not on society, it’s on you. Would you demand to work as an EMT with expired carts, then sue when you’re not hired?

I'm not saying I'm not required to follow the law.

I just have little recourse to be able to follow it. It's not a refusal to say "**** the law", I just can't replace the glass right now, financially. It's not like I robbed a bank and killed 4 people.

Yes. It's on me. And I can't meet that need. So why would I punish myself and not do anything to meet what needs I can just to say at least in vindicated as I'm evicted and starving, homeless and kicked out of school. Righteousness indeed.

I am not suing anyone. That's non sequitur.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
You're a cop, right?

I've admitted to crime.

Why not just use your resources, find out who I am if you don't already know (I doubt you even cared to, but I can't decide what you really care to do or not), call my local LE and inform them of my gross negligence and criminal activity so you can go to bed and sleep better for stopping a crime.

Maybe the glare off the crack at 0700 might have caused a crash or something and you saved lives. Because, technically it is a crime. You would be within your rights to do it.

I'm obviously not changing my stance.

All I can do is work until my more pressing needs are met and then work on the glass after.

I mean, either do something or stop bashing me about it. If it's really that heinous, you're negligent in knowing about it and not doing anything

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
You're a cop, right?

I've admitted to crime.

Why not just use your resources, find out who I am if you don't already know (I doubt you even cared to, but I can't decide what you really care to do or not), call my local LE and inform them of my gross negligence and criminal activity so you can go to bed and sleep better for stopping a crime.

Maybe the glare off the crack at 0700 might have caused a crash or something and you saved lives. Because, technically it is a crime. You would be within your rights to do it.

I'm obviously not changing my stance.

All I can do is work until my more pressing needs are met and then work on the glass after.

I mean, either do something or stop bashing me about it. If it's really that heinous, you're negligent in knowing about it and not doing anything
He could do all that, but it's not illegal in Texas.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I thought they could get you for "obstruction of view" for something even like fuzzy dice on your rear view?
They could, but the burden of proof is on the officer and most of them have better things to do. There is not a specific law about a cracked windshield.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
They could, but the burden of proof is on the officer and most of them have better things to do. There is not a specific law about a cracked windshield.
I agree they've got better things to do.

I'm not going to tell the cop that if I get pulled over, it's going to be "I'm very sorry about it officer, I'll get it fixed as soon as I can"

Like I don't know what else I can do. Just taking it a piece at a time

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
This type of black-and-white authoritarianism, blind devotion to "the law" when it is advantageous yet looking the other way when it's not, and complete lack of understanding and empathy is a big part of the reason why cops are so.....um....."popular" these days.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
This topic of the windshield started two days ago. How the **** does anyone really have that much to say about it?

There are some very proactive police officers that protect and serve who cannot idly let their keyboard go unused.

As for me? I don't shut up.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
This topic of the windshield started two days ago. How the **** does anyone really have that much to say about it?
Agreed...it's past time to get back off topic.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
This type of black-and-white authoritarianism, blind devotion to "the law" when it is advantageous yet looking the other way when it's not, and complete lack of understanding and empathy is a big part of the reason why cops are so.....um....."popular" these days.
Who said anything about “Looking the other way“? I sure didn’t. Having a lot more experience than some in WHY gives me a better position. What “complete lack of understanding “ are you referring to? That cops should allow safety problems to just slide on by? DUIs to be waved off due to cultural differences? A thief let off because they can’t afford the TV they are stealing?