the 100% directionless thread

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
I got Shot #1 of the Pfizer series for covid-19 today. My left arm feels fine but every time I sneeze I can hear the Windows XP startup sound. Probably a coincidence. :cool:

(really did get the jab though. Local hospital was doing them free for first responders. No side effects.)

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I ordered a pizza (and jalapeno poppers) to my ambulance while staged at a SWAT standby yesterday and honestly, it's a high.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I ordered a pizza (and jalapeno poppers) to my ambulance while staged at a SWAT standby yesterday and honestly, it's a high.
I did that with Jimmy John's once. Ordered it to the ambulance bay at a hospital. Picked it up after dropping the patient off so I could eat it on the way to the pending call.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Aack, can't believe how fast time has gone. Already gotta go do my 72hr pre travel test so I dont hafta quarantine when I head back in a few days lol

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief

I did that with Jimmy John's once. Ordered it to the ambulance bay at a hospital. Picked it up after dropping the patient off so I could eat it on the way to the pending call.
Never ordered to the ambulance whilst staging, but I've definitely had a partner order pizza once or twice when we knew we had muti hour hold the wall waits (like at Harbor Psych ER... thats a guaranteed long wait no matter how quick the main ER is or isn't...)

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
That is impressive.

I also scheduled my vaccine during that standby and just got it, what a time.

PotatoMedic

That is impressive.

I also scheduled my vaccine during that standby and just got it, what a time.
Good oal private ems days.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Looks like I get to start 2021 with back-to-back force days, so thats cool.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Company has a bad roach problem and won't fix it. No hot water at this station. No refrigerator at 2 stations until an employee brought one in.

I'm getting emails off the clock I need to fix reports ASAP (they've kicked back basically every single one of my reports). Next shift I was going to fix them.

Today I get here. They say I've got no partner. The owner says clock out and go home for a few hours and then come back. I drive half an hour to get here one way.

I tell them about the reports I need to do. They don't care.

Pretty fed up.

OceanBossMan263

Forum Crew Member
Company has a bad roach problem and won't fix it. No hot water at this station. No refrigerator at 2 stations until an employee brought one in.

I'm getting emails off the clock I need to fix reports ASAP (they've kicked back basically every single one of my reports). Next shift I was going to fix them.

Today I get here. They say I've got no partner. The owner says clock out and go home for a few hours and then come back. I drive half an hour to get here one way.

I tell them about the reports I need to do. They don't care.

Pretty fed up.
Private company or government agency?

Building is unfit for occupancy. Call in the Building Department.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Private company or government agency?

Building is unfit for occupancy. Call in the Building Department.

Private

OSHA got involved once at least.

At least the rusty bed frame got replaced.

They make us pay around 60$ for a single uniform shirt and for all our ambulance driver permits. Like 500$ worth.

We have no temperature controls and if it's hot we bake, if it's cold, we freeze.

They just made a double basic unit take an A-fib pt who needed cardiac monitoring because the sup medic doesn't want to make the drive.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Oh and I guess the station building that is being rented or leased legally has to have insurance, but doesn't.

They also will garnish wages for stuff if it breaks on your shift.

You're guilty until proven innocent.

One guy said he backed into the bay, like hit it and did minor damage to both vehicle and cheap mostly metal building and they tried to get him to sign so they could take money, but he said at least in Texas, employers can't charge for company property damaged by company property. They didn't charge him.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Another guy said he hurt his shoulder on the job and filed a report the same day.

We don't have workman's comp, but the company promises to "take care of their employees" themselves.

They wouldn't help him and said he could have hurt it elsewhere.

PotatoMedic

Another guy said he hurt his shoulder on the job and filed a report the same day.

We don't have workman's comp, but the company promises to "take care of their employees" themselves.

They wouldn't help him and said he could have hurt it elsewhere.
They don't have workers comp? You might want to call the labour board about that one.

I would say get out of there asap.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
They don't have workers comp? You might want to call the labour board about that one.

I would say get out of there asap.

It isn't required in Texas, but shows how cheap they are.

I'm trying to leave. But they pay well and I have bills.

Making calls today and will be submitting more applications at home.

I turned down an Amazon gig (hasn't gotten the job yet but was getting close I think?) for this.

Hook, line and sinker.

This is the absolute worst place I've seen or heard about in my career.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Hate to say we told you so, but...