the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
That was a good Thanksgiving. Plenty of good food, only one call (for what came in as a rubbish fire but turned out to be a smoldering homeless camp cook fire. It was tucked away in an out of the way spot that had us do a little hiking in full turnouts lol. Only used a shovel to smother it with some dirt and we saved the North Shore from certain conflagration lol)

Of our 3 shift cycle, that was call number 2 (the first was a missing hiker that we found waiting at their car at the trail head after they got seperated from the rest of their party and he was just chilling waiting for the rest to come out).

But alas time to leave the beautiful North Shore Sunset Beach station back to my regular suburban 6 call a day station where the best view is of the freeway lol

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
What happens when the kids flinch?
One is too young and the other is borderline but hasn't show enough initiative to listen, for me to allow her to handle weapons.

I only shoot compounds or my crossbow in the house when nobody else is home.

I wont shoot recurves in the house.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Oh, btw, they (finally!) officially revealed The Child (aka "Baby Yoda") actual name in this episode of Mandalorian
Oi! Spoilers!

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Oh I was thinking of another post.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Unrelated: it’s weird when people say that I must be brave or something since I’m an EMT. Dude I’m just transport.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I also bought the IA MED FMP class. Twas a hell of a deal.
I've never used their stuff, so I am excited to look it over. If I do happen to get an interview at this hospitals flight team, it will at least be timely review. 2 months and the damn this is still being held with no word back. If not, my recerts are taken care of.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I've never used their stuff, so I am excited to look it over. If I do happen to get an interview at this hospitals flight team, it will at least be timely review. 2 months and the damn this is still being held with no word back. If not, my recerts are taken care of.
I don’t ever plan on flying. It’s just a goal I’ve had for a while. Time to knock it out. A couple of the guys I used to work with saw my Facebook post on it and signed up too. If nothing else, I’m now a social media influencer! :)

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Darn. I bought it before the Black Friday deal, lol. Dang it. I paid the full amount for IA Med. I guess I'll get my FP-C sooner.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I don’t ever plan on flying. It’s just a goal I’ve had for a while. Time to knock it out. A couple of the guys I used to work with saw my Facebook post on it and signed up too. If nothing else, I’m now a social media influencer! :)
Honestly, part of the goal of flying is just a lack of EMS only opportunities. I love my good fire crews, they've already been a huge help tonight, I just don't want to do fire myself. But the hospital also has some damn good benefits, so there is that too. Particularly for going back to school and insurance.

Still a good goal though. I learned so much by getting exposed to that material.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
The things I’m really weak on, like vents, labs...that’s the stuff I’m really interested in learning about.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT