the 100% directionless thread

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I mean you could read Rapid Interpretation of EKGs by Dubin Dale and The Art of Interpretation: 12-lead ECG by Thomas Garcia. I do not support Dubin Dale as a person, but I think his book is excellent for teaching basic concepts and getting you into the habit of being systematic when interpretation rhythms and 12-leads. Thomas Garcia's book is excellent; It has three different levels for interpreting 12-leads, beginner, intermediate, and advance. He also teaches being systematic. Another huge thin with Thomas Garcia's book is practice, practice, practice. There are loads of 12-leads for you to interpret. When you finish beginner, you start over as intermediate. When you finish intermediate, you start over as advance. It will not go over your head and will really prepare you to interpret 12-leads beyond the average clinician.

Cool, thank you! This is why you guys are the best. I've been looking a bit and I think I'm going to get Garcia's. Nothing wrong with a lot of practice. Lol

I still remember some basics from interpretation, just been many years since I've done it. I signed up for a medic refresher back in September and still have access, just saw there's two 12 lead classes soon. Probably give those a shot along with the book. Thanks!

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Signed up for IA MED’s MCAD class. It’s not something my program sees or does a whole lot of, but I really enjoy their method of education and that instructor’s teaching method is one I find myself gravitating towards a tad more. Smart dude, for sure.

Plus, the price wasn’t a bad deal for that sort of con-ed IMO.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Signed up for IA MED’s MCAD class. It’s not something my program sees or does a whole lot of, but I really enjoy their method of education and that instructor’s teaching method is one I find myself gravitating towards a tad more. Smart dude, for sure.

I have to go for my annual IABP amd Impella training tomorrow. I usually enjoy it, but this class was scheduled after my vacation and is mandatory. Little peaved about that one.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.

How many ce hours? I'm tempted but not for only an hour or two.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
How many ce hours? I'm tempted but not for only an hour or two.
I’m not seeing an exact amount of CE, but I can’t imagine it’s only 1-2 hours.

The course covers all the MCAD’s seen in transport (i.e., Impella, LVAD’s, IABP’s), so I’d imagine it’s several modules.

It looks like the class starts at the beginning of next month, so I pre-registered and took advantage of this weeks 50% off sale.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
3 rolls of sushi all to myself? I think yes.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
So my healthy respect for heights is sure going to be tested tomorrow when I repel out of a 5th story window. Comfort zones are made to be stepped out of.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
So my healthy respect for heights is sure going to be tested tomorrow when I repel out of a 5th story window. Comfort zones are made to be stepped out of.
Heights are nothing. Even falling is no big deal. It's that sudden stop at the end you have to be careful of.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
5'6" is the perfect height. Just saying...

I bought the IA MED thing for flight paramedic, but they haven't given me any registration or anything yet. I thought it was going to be somewhat instant or at least by the end of the day. I checked my spam folder, but nothing. All I got was a receipt. I wanted to get a lot of CEs and prepare for FP-C.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Why do so many EMTs and medics smoke?

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
5'6" is the perfect height. Just saying...

I bought the IA MED thing for flight paramedic, but they haven't given me any registration or anything yet. I thought it was going to be somewhat instant or at least by the end of the day. I checked my spam folder, but nothing. All I got was a receipt. I wanted to get a lot of CEs and prepare for FP-C.

Ive done a class with them. It was instant. Did you email them?

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Because smoking IS cool. The day you work a MASCAL using your pipe to point at people and give directions is THE Day.

I thought that you use Gladius or Scottish longsword for those.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Ive done a class with them. It was instant. Did you email them?
I sent an e-mail today. I saw on my credit card it said "pending" so I thought maybe that's why. It is no longer pending and the money is taken. I still haven't received anything so I sent an e-mail to their "support" e-mail address. I sent it tonight so I am hoping to hear from them at business hours. I was really looking forward to start going over it immediately and then give a shot at the test afterwards. There are two different places I want to try to apply for, but I want to be a strong candidate by having my FP-C already since I do not have flight or CCT experience (I have experience as an EMT on a CCT RN unit, but I don't think that counts, haha!). Nothing in spam folder. I know they got the right e-mail address because they sent a receipt saying they were processing my order.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Well I'm properly annoyed. I was given a few extra days to get through my FTO time but I've been a white cloud for the past few shifts.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
I sent an e-mail today. I saw on my credit card it said "pending" so I thought maybe that's why. It is no longer pending and the money is taken. I still haven't received anything so I sent an e-mail to their "support" e-mail address. I sent it tonight so I am hoping to hear from them at business hours. I was really looking forward to start going over it immediately and then give a shot at the test afterwards. There are two different places I want to try to apply for, but I want to be a strong candidate by having my FP-C already since I do not have flight or CCT experience (I have experience as an EMT on a CCT RN unit, but I don't think that counts, haha!). Nothing in spam folder. I know they got the right e-mail address because they sent a receipt saying they were processing my order.

Might be a glitch. They were really responsive. Great classes.