the 100% directionless thread

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Honestly? There are multiple variables that come into play. Yeah, yeah, yeah this rotorhead chimed in.

As far as their outcomes and whatnot, we do what we think is best for said patient in front of us at any point and time. We let the Big Dawgs (i.e., doctors) sort out the rest.

@DragonClaw, prayer’s never wrong IMHO.

@Peak you seem very like a very knowledgeable nurse, but respectfully, just a tad out of touch with what it is to be a prehospital provider.

What's a rotorhead? Helicopter crew?

I'm not saying it is. I pray regardless of what others think. But when people start to look to you because of it and things are bad, it felt like a lot of weight suddenly. Like they expected me to miracle cure him.

I do believe in miracle cures, but I leave that to God.

And what's wrong with that Peak said?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
And what's wrong with that Peak said?
There’s really nothing wrong with what he said, but implying that all providers who “stop caring” about their patients on that level is the moment they should exit the field, is IMO, false.
medicine, the moment someone stops caring is the moment that they should leave the field.
Some people distance themselves for good reason, are better for it, and continue to provide excellent care/ are great providers.

So yes, I don’t agree with this statement.

Lol, @Qulevrius we literally have 2 choices more often than not. Knowledge-base and EBM takes a backseat to the priorities at hand, that’s all. No egos at all, my guy.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
Oh, this isn’t an ego thing at all. I’m being realistic here (you’re in the field longer, have more experience etc), and my train of thought is always along the lines of risk vs gain. In this particular instance, the risk of complications with RSI outweighs the gain but a proper cric should do it, IMO.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Oh, this isn’t an ego thing at all. I’m being realistic here (you’re in the field longer, have more experience etc), and my train of thought is always along the lines of risk vs gain. In this particular instance, the risk of complications with RSI outweighs the gain but a proper cric should do it, IMO.

Even if I'm dead wrong, I'll still ask and question why. If I'm the newest in the room, I'll still try and figure out how things are or aren't done.

I learn a lot by not being shy.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Im a little torn, Im saving a lot of money and catching up on projects thans to Covid. On the other hand, Im super bored.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
You ran out of projects already ??
No. Just bored with projects. I havent even finished tearing the tile up in the kitchen.

Yesterday I assembled a new.playset.for the kids. Today I buried landscaping blocks and dug a couple french drains. Social distancing is exhausting.

Last edited:

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
No. Just bored with projects. I havent even finished tearing the tile up in the kitchen.

Yesterday I assembled a new.playset.for the kids. Today I buried landscaping blocks and duck a couple french drains. Social distancing is exhausting.

I’m finally getting to finish restoring an old Craftsman table saw. Replaced the trunnions and the arbor assy, finished the calibration wheels, replaced the belt and rewired the motor. All what’s left is installing a new fence, then it’s party time [emoji1689]

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Just got out of the hospital. Went in Saturday evening for SI and stayed until Tuesday afternoon.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Oh. Yeah.....

Now I remember...

@Seirende

You good, bud?
She was in chat earlier so hopefully she is feeling better. I think they just switched her meds or something like that. Maybe need time getting adjusted?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Making an assessment of the current situation. We have 6 people out on 14 day isolation. One presumed COVID-19 infected medic. A whole bunch of dedicated people working long hours and enough PPE to last about a month at the current burn rate.

Personally, I'm scared and anxious. I think we all are. It's a constant low-level hum in the background of everything we do. "Is this the day?" I'm going to be 50 this year. Not a geezer by any means, but still on the higher end of the potential of a poor clinical outcome should I get a dose of C19.

Ya know, I wasn't going to come back here. I was so disgusted by the post that triggered my angry reply that I figured I'd just say "see ya" to this place. And those of you that know me outside of here, the real me, know that I'm blunt and straight forward and don't suffer a fool gladly. And walking away from this group would be easy. Pizz me off and you're dead to me. But I've come to really like and respect a whole bunch of you and not being here left a bit of an empty spot. So instead I elected to use the ignore button and life is more peaceful.

Friends, this is a whole new world were in. Those of us that are writing policy and protocol are using the best research we have... but we're still making it up as we go. Be patient with your coworkers. They're all stressed and worried too. They may hide it under bluster and bravado... but they're worried too. In this climate, you'd be silly not to be.

And frankly, the argument over hazard pay is a silly one. If it's offered, we'd all take it. I still don't think we deserve it, but that decision is one I won't be making.

Anyway... this long rambling post is fueled by a little PRN Ativan and a cocktail to take the edge off. Life is too short to fight. I just hope we get through this quickly.

Okay. dats it.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Just finished When Breath Becomes Air. What a powerful book.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Another year of quarterly NVG LINK training done, whoop whoop!