the 100% directionless thread

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Our volume is down quite a bit. Weve had mostly nice weather and havent flown since the last day of my last hitch, which was 6 days ago.

Im sure sheltering in place is playing a role, but the State also shut down transfer of suspected and confirmed Covid cases as long as the originating facility has the means to take care of them (as long as they have vents).

Though were on the Indiana/Illinois/Kentucky border and there is still stuff coming in from Illinois and Kentucky.
Same. We hit small spikes, but I haven't had consistently easy days like this in some time. I went from arrests, GSW's, and heart failures, to starting my one IV that I remember this week last night. The timing couldn't be better, mentally this is very needed.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Wrong profession then 😂. It’s nothing but asses and naked people here.

No. Not wrong. I was waiting for this comment.

It's an aspect of the job I have minimal experience with and it's not wrong.

If someone isn't used to blood, do you say the same? Not unless it's so severe they cannot function in their job.

VentMonkey

Family Guy

If someone isn't used to blood, do you say the same? Not unless it's so severe they cannot function in their job.
E7F5E5C9-2421-4D34-B0D5-BC63835212B5.gif

They’re just razzing you.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
My current manager sets the standard for how I would like to be treated as a disabled employee.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
What...is that a petting zoo or something? You gotta risk your life to see just one or 2 of those where I'm at...

Nope, no petting zoo those are 100% wild Rocky Mountain Bighorn's.

In other news since today is/was opening day baseball I just re-watched the world series game 7 Chicago vs Cleveland and as a baseball fanatic it was awesome to watch a 108 year old drought come to an end.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief

You missed the point. It was just a joke. I knew it was going to be something that you just weren’t expecting and needed to get used to.

Seirende

You missed the point. It was just a joke. I knew it was going to be something that you just weren’t expecting and needed to get used to.

I remember the first time I had to wash a guy's penis. Tried very hard to look like this wasn't the first time I'd had to handle one.

Seirende

That's the one that's right next to the fibia

Seirende

A lot less blood, a lot more poop as compared to EMS

Seirende

I'm dual licensed lol. Paramedic and CNA. Surprisingly almost none of my paramedic education helped me in CNA class. CNA concepts are super easy of course, but they were new to me and I would never say the work is easy.