the 100% directionless thread

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I'm dual licensed lol. Paramedic and CNA. Surprisingly almost none of my paramedic education helped me in CNA class. CNA concepts are super easy of course, but they were new to me and I would never say the work is easy.
It's not all that surprising that Paramedic education would help in CNA class. There's very little cross-over in skills. The CNA stuff is just NOT what Paramedics do...

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
It's not all that surprising that Paramedic education would help in CNA class. There's very little cross-over in skills. The CNA stuff is just NOT what Paramedics do...

Haha I guess I just went in with the attitude of "I'm a big bad paramedic, what am I supposed to learn in a little class like this?" I'm an idiot, it's fine.

Seirende

Went to the DMV and they gave me my ID

RWS_Tarot_00_Fool.jpg

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

CALEMT

SMH thats what I get for not clicking on the actual picture.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Officially I'm now signed off for basic ventilator competency. While it doesn't mean I'm allowed to manage a vent on my own, it does mean that the RT's won't gnaw on me too much if i touch the vent and that if a vented patient needs a setting change, I can act as remote arms of the RT's. That was great, and probably should have been done a long time ago for ED RNs where I work. Of course it takes a pandemic to make certain things happen...

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Officially I'm now signed off for basic ventilator competency. While it doesn't mean I'm allowed to manage a vent on my own, it does mean that the RT's won't gnaw on me too much if i touch the vent and that if a vented patient needs a setting change, I can act as remote arms of the RT's. That was great, and probably should have been done a long time ago for ED RNs where I work. Of course it takes a pandemic to make certain things happen...

I guess pts can breathe easier knowing you can help with a vent.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader

Seirende

Psychiatrist: "Has anything happened to make you feel this way?"

Me: "Nothing really, the only thing different is that I took a little four evening class. Oh, and the world went crazy, I keep forgetting about that."

Trying good old fluoxetine again.

CALEMT

Only good thing to come from corona virus.

980929B4-1ED5-4DE4-8FB2-3D042B902843.jpeg

CALEMT

Ive been driving my truck a lot just cause of gas prices. Already filled all of my gas cans for the year too, 55 gallons in reserve, should get the mower through the summer.

Makes me wish I had a bigger truck. I need to fill up more gas cans too.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Haha I guess I just went in with the attitude of "I'm a big bad paramedic, what am I supposed to learn in a little class like this?"

I’m seeing that from RNs and MDs when I tell them they ARE doing scut work at my facility...