the 100% directionless thread

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
Pass. The last time I did one one of my peers tried to get me written up

That’s hospitals for you. I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess that you were on a day shift as well; night crews usually see and do/deal with more weird sh*t, and it takes a truly special CRN to let ppl get written up for anything even remotely relevant.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Also, I hate nursing homes.

Dropped pt off

Found bood trail. Triple checked pt and crew. Not us. Followed it to the nurses station. Found their pt in WC bleeding. Decent amount of blood. He's using their corded phone to tell his family that he's on blood thinners, bleeding and nobody will help him.

I tell staff, there's like 3 of them on their phones or doing nothing. They dismiss it. My FTO asks for gauze or a dressing, something. They dismiss it. She finds a tissue and puts pressure on where he's bleeding.

He tells his family someone is helping him now and he'll call back.

Then another nurse comes and basically gets mad at the rest when she sees what's going on.

But holy crap. They were just going to let him bleed. He has a puddle under him.

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse
That’s hospitals for you. I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess that you were on a day shift as well; night crews usually see and do/deal with more weird sh*t, and it takes a truly special CRN to let ppl get written up for anything even remotely relevant.

Close, it was a day shifter who picked up a night shift.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
Adjustments.jpg

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Bah! I’m over politics/ politicians expecially after this last rotation at my base.

In cooler news, spring training is amongst us, gents!...

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I just got back from the first on site week of Ambulance Service Manager, the leadership class put on by Fitch and Associates. It’s pretty good. Lots of focus on emotional intelligence and just culture. Which is really what most of our systems are lacking.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Have your firefighters lift the gurney? That’s what I do.