the 100% directionless thread

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Helpless is how I felt. Luckily he stopped around 1am and slept till 6. Drank more water then slept till 9.
Mine ended up getting transported priority yellow. After puking for the third time in < 20 mins, he was just exhausted and struggling to breathe. I threw him over my shoulder hoping that it would help expand his chest, making it easier for him. He would take a breath, wait five seconds, and then take another breath. He started getting pale and ashen. Had the wifey make the call while I started preparing mentally to do rescue breathing. Scary man, just scary.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Mine ended up getting transported priority yellow. After puking for the third time in < 20 mins, he was just exhausted and struggling to breathe. I threw him over my shoulder hoping that it would help expand his chest, making it easier for him. He would take a breath, wait five seconds, and then take another breath. He started getting pale and ashen. Had the wifey make the call while I started preparing mentally to do rescue breathing. Scary man, just scary.
Oh poor kiddo. Glad it didn't go to rescue breaths.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I second the tacos motion. Super quick and super easy. You can whip up ground beef in a matter of minutes.

If you wanna get super fancy/ OG, even carne asada tacos truly don’t take that long.

Unfortunately I don’t think you’d get much points for takeout, but food is food.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm no cook, and usually am scrambling for recipes myself lol, but I'm starting to really like pressure cooker. Only takes a few minutes to cook even frozen chicken/pork all the way thru (like 20-25 min for frozen solid chicken lol). Deason, pop in the broiler for a few minutes to get a good outside sear/texture.

At the multi company station I found myself working today they made hamburger curry for lunch, and pork guisantes and chicken adobo for dinner, everyone was pretty happy with that.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
I'm no cook, and usually am scrambling for recipes myself lol, but I'm starting to really like pressure cooker. Only takes a few minutes to cook even frozen chicken/pork all the way thru (like 20-25 min for frozen solid chicken lol). Deason, pop in the broiler for a few minutes to get a good outside sear/texture.

InstaPot is my most used appliance. As a matter of fact, the only appliances I’m using on a regular basis are the pressure cooker and the food processor. Even the rice cooker isn’t being used much anymore, the “Multigrain” setting on the InstaPot deals with rice medley much better.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Crockpots are a good option for low maintenance cooking. The other day I put some venison in marinade, filled the pot with Coke, cooked the venison while I slept, and then made mashed potatoes to go with it. Turned out really good

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Tacos is always my go-to thing to cook. Universally liked, easy to make, and cheap to make.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Crockpots are a good option for low maintenance cooking. The other day I put some venison in marinade, filled the pot with Coke, cooked the venison while I slept, and then made mashed potatoes to go with it. Turned out really good
I usually throw some vegetable beef stew in mine and let it cook while I'm driving all day. Makes the truck smell great too.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
Full kitchen, my list of ideas right now includes instant pot chili, enchiladas, stuffed peppers.

Stuffed peppers (when done right) take a lot of time and effort. Have to blanch the peppers, make stuffing and sauce, stuff the peppers, cook them...

Make a chicken stew instead. You’ll need a big pack of chicken thighs or drumsticks, a big onion, 1-2 medium carrots, garlic, sweet potatoes and mushrooms. Spices to taste.

Splash a bit of olive oil into the instapot, dump in coarsely chopped onion, put on “Sautée” and keep stirring until the onion is soft and translucent. Add minced carrots, stir until carrots are softened. Put the chicken on top, add crushed garlic and spices, splash with soy sauce, add water until it covers the chicken. Kill the “Sautée”, put the lid on and cook on “High Pressure” for anywhere between 1.5 to 2 hrs. Depressurize, add sliced potatoes and mushrooms, gently mix and cook on “High Pressure” for 5 to 7 minutes. Done.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Man this night just kept escalating. Got a case I'm gonna share later that threw me for a loop that I think was the medical version of a distracting injury.