the 100% directionless thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Merry Christmas ya filthy animals.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Hoh man, dispatched on the 2and alarm for a report of a fully involved structure fire, juuuusssstt as we pull up on scene "Fire under control, all 2nd alarm companies can cancel"

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
People are such *******s....rounded out the final hour of Christmas with a double homicide. Holidays have been bad lately.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
That sucks, man. I know the feeling, last year we had a DOA at a bus station. The bystanders flagged the rig, the guy was stiff as a board. Sat there for hours and nobody gave a damn.

MetroMedic94

Forum Ride Along
My CPR eCard won't come through to me so I called AHA. They told me to call my instructor to have them call the AHA to solve the problem. Already starting to miss the paper card days instead of this two day headache.

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse
My first introduction to the holidays in EMS was a NAT subdural that started to herniate during transport.

This year for christmas we had a 2 hour code/septic shock resuscitation.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So a storm blew thru, rain wasn't too bad but the winds were gusty, trees were falling and roofs being blown off all over. Like at one point a full quarter of the department were out on calls mostly trees and roofs (we do actually have rolls of roofing paper we carry for those calls...)
Had a tree drop on the main 3 lane road in the neighboring area (both trucks already busy) so we went and cut it up, cleared the road (at least one ambulance had to get thru lights and sirens on while we were clearing it), then PD told us that in the nearby cemetery a tree fell and was blocking a bunch of people in a one way out culdesac part so we ended up over there cutting that.
Caught a medical on our way back to the station. Caught another downed tree call in the area just north if the station area north of us, but that engine went available and took that call just as we were getting close to scene lol

So we turned around, headed back, but a tree (again) was starting to overhang the freeway lane in our area so our Capt was like, screw it, turn around, let's clear that before we get called back out tonight after a motorcyclist rides into it....

Clear it, get turned around, headed back, a structure for drops at the south end of our Bn, and about a block from our station we get hopped on the 2nd alarm for it.

For whatever reason we had a Capt from Ops show up first on and was calling in size up ("fully involved") and the Deputy Fire Chief (Fire 2) also self responded from home as well... and then just as we are arriving we get cleared because the "fully involved structure" is now under control and 1st alarm can handle. But then we have to go back to our station because we're the Bn SCBA storage, and the company they sent to pick up the bottles in our absence couldn't get in -_-

Aaannnd Fire 2 follows us back to station lol (but hey he helped load the bottles into the detail truck so that was nice), eventually catch an auto accident for a pickup truck rolled onto its roof(!) Show up on scene, PD already on scene, everyone self extricated, no injuries, it was in the median out of the road so on, we cancel, and then have to go cover the neighboring area because they're spending like an hour on a blown roof -_- and eventually run them some roofing paper before finally getting to return and actually cook our Prime Rib dinner at 4pm hahaha (funny, as soon as the wind stopped, so did the calls!)

But hey, after that no more calls, had aa tasty dinner, slept all night, so all in all, pretty busy, but pretty good Christmas shift 👍 (where as one of my friends put it, we played lumberjack more than fireman yesterday lol)

CALEMT

So a storm blew thru, rain wasn't too bad but the winds were gusty, trees were falling and roofs being blown off all over. Like at one point a full quarter of the department were out on calls mostly trees and roofs (we do actually have rolls of roofing paper we carry for those calls...)
Had a tree drop on the main 3 lane road in the neighboring area (both trucks already busy) so we went and cut it up, cleared the road (at least one ambulance had to get thru lights and sirens on while we were clearing it), then PD told us that in the nearby cemetery a tree fell and was blocking a bunch of people in a one way out culdesac part so we ended up over there cutting that.
Caught a medical on our way back to the station. Caught another downed tree call in the area just north if the station area north of us, but that engine went available and took that call just as we were getting close to scene lol

So we turned around, headed back, but a tree (again) was starting to overhang the freeway lane in our area so our Capt was like, screw it, turn around, let's clear that before we get called back out tonight after a motorcyclist rides into it....

Clear it, get turned around, headed back, a structure for drops at the south end of our Bn, and about a block from our station we get hopped on the 2nd alarm for it.

For whatever reason we had a Capt from Ops show up first on and was calling in size up ("fully involved") and the Deputy Fire Chief (Fire 2) also self responded from home as well... and then just as we are arriving we get cleared because the "fully involved structure" is now under control and 1st alarm can handle. But then we have to go back to our station because we're the Bn SCBA storage, and the company they sent to pick up the bottles in our absence couldn't get in -_-

Aaannnd Fire 2 follows us back to station lol (but hey he helped load the bottles into the detail truck so that was nice), eventually catch an auto accident for a pickup truck rolled onto its roof(!) Show up on scene, PD already on scene, everyone self extricated, no injuries, it was in the median out of the road so on, we cancel, and then have to go cover the neighboring area because they're spending like an hour on a blown roof -_- and eventually run them some roofing paper before finally getting to return and actually cook our Prime Rib dinner at 4pm hahaha (funny, as soon as the wind stopped, so did the calls!)

But hey, after that no more calls, had aa tasty dinner, slept all night, so all in all, pretty busy, but pretty good Christmas shift 👍 (where as one of my friends put it, we played lumberjack more than fireman yesterday lol)

I sat around all day (no calls) and took my time cooking the prime rib. Ate at the dinner hour then slept all night.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
My holiday has been depressing as expected. Christmas eve flew 2 patients with bleeds. The first herniated already, and was a hot mess, probably had an anoxic injury as well.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
My CPR eCard won't come through to me so I called AHA. They told me to call my instructor to have them call the AHA to solve the problem. Already starting to miss the paper card days instead of this two day headache.

The instructor can simply resend it. eCards are way better than paper cards. Now they do instructor eCards, It's made all my AHA card headaches vanish.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
I think she means that you can kill someone with eyedrops.
Apparently you can. Must have been a whole lot of eye drops.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
It was in an episode of CSI Vegas so its probably true.
Oh, then it’s definitely true. That’s probably where he got the idea... or from a CE class.

CALEMT

And so my angel of death streak continues.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
For those of you with nomex uniforms.... anybody got any tips on getting tree sap out? Regular laundry and even the big, heavy duty PPE extractor at the station did nothing to remove the stuff.

I read online about using rubbing alcohol, but I don't wanna damage the fire resistant properties of my uniform