the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well, if you look closely, you'll see it's more than just a leopard...

It was right on the wall on the path from the elevator to my cabin, seeing it multiple times a day, and I didn't notice it till like day 2 lol

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Well, if you look closely, you'll see it's more than just a leopard...

It was right on the wall on the path from the elevator to my cabin, seeing it multiple times a day, and I didn't notice it till like day 2 lol
It looks like it is a full back tattoo/body art with the nose being on the very top of the butt

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
California moving clock officially started. Job hunt beginning 10/19, select by 11/19, aim to be in CA or someplace similar NLT 1/20. Prepare to advance!

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Odd... Typically everyone wants to GTFO of CA
Lol, lets not be dramatic now, not everyone.

Also, for a guy who hates Cali so much, shouldn’t you have changed your username by now?...
😁

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Lol, lets not be dramatic now, not everyone.

Also, for a guy who hates Cali so much, shouldn’t you have changed your username by now?...
😁
CAL - even though he no longer lives in CA and EMT - even though he is no longer an EMT haha

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Wrapped up Day 2 of our trauma conference. Some good lectures, hot topic of the day was Perimortem C-Section.

That should ruffle some administrative feathers.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

04968C7F-294C-4105-9269-5D20B6EA567C.jpeg

RocketMedic

Odd... Typically everyone wants to GTFO of CA

Friends and family are a lot closer and more numerous there.

Weather and climate and things to do are ample, and it’s not a godforsaken swamp.

It’s politically agreeable.

A decently high concentration of employers with 12 hour shifts, 40+million people, and good schools. Plus it’s got an entire state and local bureaucracy that doesn’t really exist in Texas that offers opportunities for a dude with a degree in administrative stuff.

Yeah, the medicine isn’t as screamingly advanced as some other parts of the world, but I’ve learned that it’s not so much the medicine that matters and I would rather work a 12 hour shift and go home and take a 3 day in Yosemite or Universal Studios or something than worry about which pressor to use or whether or not I’ll sleep tonight. And I’m pretty sure I won’t be a noble of the wheeled chair there.

In a very real way, I feel defeated by Texas. I can’t change things for the better here, not like I am, and not without making a lot of sacrifices for a long time that I’m not willing to make. I’m not willing to throw away years of my life hurting myself just to look good to someone who only cares about artifacts of “progress” like a procedure or tool. Every agency worth working for in the Houston area runs 24s, which I really don’t like, and won’t change. The only 12s in the state I know of are a few power trucks at MCHD, San Marcos/Hays, Acadian, AMR, MedStar and the folks out in Abilene, Amarillo and Lubbock. Everyone else is on 24s of some flavor. I am not going to accept 24/48s or 24s in general if I’m going to stay in EMS, and I really don’t want to live in super small town Texas either. If I move, I don’t have to limit myself to the above offerings...I can go anywhere. Part of me wishes I’d stayed at Acadian San Antonio, but school and $ were more important and I don’t regret leaving. Moving somewhere where I can make EMS a profession and a job but not a lifestyle sounds amazing...and I now know enough to avoid the pitfalls that come with high performance systems and drama in general. I have learned!

Currently Looking at a swathe running from Bakersfield up to Merced and then the Dark Horse candidates of Oakland area, Sonoma County or maybe Ukiah. Probably the Central Valley though. Also willing to consider the coast, I’ve seen commentary that it’s excellent but IDK. I’m open to anything.

Wife LOVED the trip and I felt like I was home. PCH, SF, nice weather, friendly people, Priuses everywhere...I’m in. Plus there’s Hogwarts and Hollywood and Knotts and Fisherman’s Wharf. And Yosemite and the Sierra Nevada and big bear and grandparents and Knotts berry farm chicken and breweries and Ridgecrest...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

Weather and climate and things to do are ample, and it’s not a godforsaken swamp.

A decently high concentration of employers with 12 hour shifts, 40+million people, and good schools. Plus it’s got an entire state and local bureaucracy that doesn’t really exist in Texas that offers opportunities for a dude with a degree in administrative stuff.

Yeah, the medicine isn’t as screamingly advanced as some other parts of the world, but I’ve learned that it’s not so much the medicine that matters and I would rather work a 12 hour shift and go home and take a 3 day in Yosemite or Universal Studios or something than worry about which pressor to use or whether or not I’ll sleep tonight. And I’m pretty sure I won’t be a noble of the wheeled chair there.

In a very real way, I feel defeated by Texas. I can’t change things for the better here, not like I am, and not without making a lot of sacrifices for a long time that I’m not willing to make. I’m not willing to throw away years of my life hurting myself just to look good to someone who only cares about artifacts of “progress” like a procedure or tool. Every agency worth working for in the Houston area runs 24s, which I really don’t like, and won’t change. The only 12s in the state I know of are a few power trucks at MCHD, San Marcos/Hays, Acadian, AMR, MedStar and the folks out in Abilene, Amarillo and Lubbock. Everyone else is on 24s of some flavor. I am not going to accept 24/48s or 24s in general if I’m going to stay in EMS, and I really don’t want to live in super small town Texas either. If I move, I don’t have to limit myself to the above offerings...I can go anywhere. Part of me wishes I’d stayed at Acadian San Antonio, but school and $ were more important and I don’t regret leaving. Moving somewhere where I can make EMS a profession and a job but not a lifestyle sounds amazing...and I now know enough to avoid the pitfalls that come with high performance systems and drama in general. I have learned!

Currently Looking at a swathe running from Bakersfield up to Merced and then the Dark Horse candidates of Oakland area, Sonoma County or maybe Ukiah. Probably the Central Valley though. Also willing to consider the coast, I’ve seen commentary that it’s excellent but IDK. I’m open to anything.

Wife LOVED the trip and I felt like I was home. PCH, SF, nice weather, friendly people, Priuses everywhere...I’m in. Plus there’s Hogwarts and Hollywood and Knotts and Fisherman’s Wharf. And Yosemite and the Sierra Nevada and big bear and grandparents and Knotts berry farm chicken and breweries and Ridgecrest...
No one in the world has ever said “let’s go to CA to visit Ridgecrest”

RocketMedic

No one in the world has ever said “let’s go to CA to visit Ridgecrest”

Rock paintings, Wagon Wheel, that little steak place out by the theater, the last McDonalds before Vegas, Cerra Corp/Burroughs and friends, I reckon. And Casa Corona. I don’t particularly see myself living there again but would enjoy visiting periodically.

Story time: back in high school I drove a ‘96 Taurus. Center mounted fuel pump. I had like 1/4th of a tank of gas and was taking my high school GF to a date and ran out of gas on a hill because the pump was too weak to send gas from the back corner of the tank. The date went kind of like that story...lame and sad. So now, ever since, the fuel tank is ALWAYS full.

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief

You are learning. Work where you want to live not the other way around. More to life than “Protocols”. Like Family, friends and fun. Yes your career is important but it’s on the end of the spectrum when you consider other things like I mentioned. You need to find a balance on what is more important to you, which you are noticing is your WIFE.

Plus their is decent places to work in CA. Especially up north between SAC and the Coast area.

RocketMedic

Any recommendations?

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
4 straight days of leg work outs...I am on 2 and already sore. I'm gonna be hurting come Thursday. 😐