the 100% directionless thread

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Just found out I’m going to the Ambulance Service Management course in 2020. I’ve read it’s excellent.
Nice! I know you’re one of the few people who truly wants to see the right kind of change in both the field, and culture of the field itself.

I hope to one day read an article, or ten, of yours published in the annals.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I’m more EMS1 speed... although I am going to speak at the NJ EMS conference and I heard I was nominated for EMS Educator of the Year here in PA. I guess it’s finally starting to happen.

Change takes a long time. I figure I’ve got maybe 15 more years in me. Maybe we’ll make something good happen.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
The 15 year old victim in El Paso was the son of an Army comrade I served with. That, and the young family gunned down on top of their baby...terrible!

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
images

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Personally I think that would be a mistake. This is the one thread with no rules aside from being civil.

For better or for worse, gun violence and gun control are the topic of the day.
The only rule of this thread is for it to be topic-less and have no direction hence the name.
THIS!

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
My oral board and uniform inspection is tomorrow afternoon. 2+ hour drive one way for 3 minutes of testing. Uniform inspection. Gotta know my 8 meds, BVM of an adult apneic pt and patient assessment/treatment. I've got this.

I can get kind of nervous and I'll hyperventilate the "pt" so I just have to slow down and count. Deep breaths.

After this, it's my clinicals and then 1 last meeting for paperwork's sake.

Inching closer and closer

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse
At the risk of sounding like @RocketMedic I'm a bit tired of getting floated to the adult units. I've spent more time the past two weeks taking care for adults than kids. The summer needs to be over.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
At the risk of sounding like @RocketMedic I'm a bit tired of getting floated to the adult units. I've spent more time the past two weeks taking care for adults than kids. The summer needs to be over.
I agree with this on many counts. Not enjoying the 82 degrees in the back currently. I'd also rather take kids most days than adults since I at least get kids that are sick enough to warrant an ED visit regularly where as adults often are regulars or lacking initiative.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas

Bro adult calls are way better than wheelchairs

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
You realize if I change his name, he gets to pick your new name then?

I thought about that. I suppose it depends on iff he thinks this name is cruel or not. If he hates it, I'd say no to it. But if not, I'm not against that if the name is also okay by me?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I thought about that. I suppose it depends on iff he thinks this name is cruel or not. If he hates it, I'd say no to it. But if not, I'm not against that if the name is also okay by me?
So you //Tempt me and then want final approval on the name change? 😂😂😂

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
In all fairness, it's been a while since I've been around so many members don't know or remember me.