Community Leader

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Whats with all the spam lately?

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
So I've ****ed my knee up. Out for at least the next two weeks. Went to show my kid how to ride a bike and hyper flexed my knee I guess and it popped.

On the bright side, my accident insurance covers more than my total deductible and since I was deployed for 3 weeks last year, my temporary disability insurance payment is based off of me making about 100k a year as they base it off of highest paying quarter.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I had some sticker shock going into the AT&T store today. My phone is getting a little slow and buggy so I went to the store to use the upgrade on the account... and they want like $40/mo for 2 years cuz apparently I can buy 3x PS4 for less money than one cell phone nowadays 😶

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I had some sticker shock going into the AT&T store today. My phone is getting a little slow and buggy so I went to the store to use the upgrade on the account... and they want like $40/mo for 2 years cuz apparently I can buy 3x PS4 for less money than one cell phone nowadays 😶
If you are going to finance a phone, you might be way better off going through the phone manufacturer than your mobile carrier. I know that's the case with Verizon and iPhones, anyway.

Verizon will finance an iPhone for you *interest free* but adds like $30 a month to your bill (effectively, the highest interest rate I've ever seen) until it is paid off, and I don't think Verizon will sell you an unlocked phone. On the other hand, Apple will finance the same phone for you with no add-on charge to your bill, and you can get a factory unlocked phone that is nice in case you ever decide to switch carriers or travel overseas and use a local SIM card. Also I think they include free Apple Care until it's paid off.

I'd imagine similar is true for AT&T, and Samsung, for example.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Whats with all the spam lately?
A server in Sweden is creating spam accounts to a lot of forums. Most of them are not making past the registration page, but some are. I've blocked the IP range hoping that it curtails their efforts.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Just don't buy the newest model Jim. I bought my S7 almost two years ago for less than half of what the newest models go for.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Just don't buy the newest model Jim. I bought my S7 almost two years ago for less than half of what the newest models go for.
I just upgraded from S7 to S10. I also switched from Sprint to Verizon. Our phones were BOGO so I couldn't pass it up.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
That's what my current phone is, an S7 Active.

I did a little perusing on Amazon and eBay, looks like its possible to buy even an S10 directly, in the $600 range (which is more reasonable lol.... maybe one of them super fancy new folding phones would be worth over a grand... which means those will retail for 2 grand heh)

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I will never buy the cool phone again. I use a Kyocera DuraForce Pro 2. It's practically indestructible, has PTT for our work stuff and runs for days on a charge. It's such a better phone than any iPhone or Samsung.

Oh yeah, and I'm on firstnet so I get amazing unlimited everything for 45 bucks a month.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
What's my username???
giphy.gif

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Went to Wawa for a snack. Insert jokes from my partner and I about my order number 666. Follow this with a self inflicted GSW to the leg (sent out at the same time as a separate shooting a few miles away) and a double homicide within about two hours. Damn meatballs are a curse....

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Went to Wawa for a snack. Insert jokes from my partner and I about my order number 666. Follow this with a self inflicted GSW to the leg (sent out at the same time as a separate shooting a few miles away) and a double homicide within about two hours. Damn meatballs are a curse....
Meatball Diaries thread?...