the 100% directionless thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Amazon is love. Amazon is life.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Anyone have any knowledge on Florida agencies? Specifically in the Patrick AFB area such as Osceola.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Being an aunt is a sweet gig.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Kinda like being a grandparent. When you get tired of them send them home.:)

The difference is that to get grandkids you have to have your own kids first. When you're an aunt, your sibling does all the work.

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
It's not bad as long as they can't really walk, starts going south when they can walk and talk, and really goes down hill when they're teens and know everything.

CALEMT

Next couple months are gonna be rough. Need to work a bunch of OT so I can buy a house.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
Next couple months are gonna be rough. Need to work a bunch of OT so I can buy a house.

And then it’ll get rough a little longer, as you’re dealing with brokers, agents, loan occifers, escrow etc. But it’s totally worth it.

CALEMT

And then it’ll get rough a little longer, as you’re dealing with brokers, agents, loan occifers, escrow etc. But it’s totally worth it.

Luckily where I'm moving to my relator is a family friend so that alleviates a lot of the headache.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Gotta love getting a call saying the house is flooding... from the drains. Plumber (hopefully) inbound. Once main drain is unclogged, will have some cleaning to do. Yippee.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Update: $150 later and we’ve got a now very clear main drain line. Hopefully it’ll stay that way!

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Trying to creatively answer pre-qualification questions for a job you techicnally aren't qualified for....Just put my resume through so I can smooth talk you

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well at least if they're gonna wake us up for some BS at midnight, we got to break out the irons and saws and cut our way into the wherehouse...

(It was a little commercial kitchen and some water line was left on overnight, it overflowed, and had water pouring out of the building... well it still had the old businesses name on the outside "Fuel Traders Inc" and said water smelled of soured poi and was murky from the residue it picked up, so security seeing/smelling this on the outside called up, and we ended up needing to break in to shut off the flow of water... and confirm it was actually water and not really a fuel and a Hazmat situation lol)

dutemplar

Forum Captain
Went on a brief anniversary trip last month to Zanzibar. An irrelevant but cute picture, "Come on honey, it's time to go. The plane isn't going to wait."

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Nice pic

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
They grow so fast! My kiddo is almost two and it feels like a blink of an eye from when he was born.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
One of those nights, late alarm means we didnt get to bed until midnight, they bop us for an alarm at 3am, but realize it's in a neighboring district, try to go back to sleep only to be bopped out again an hour later at 4am to relocate to another station because of a brush fire... only to get assigned to said brush fire ourselves while still enroute... stayed on the fire line until 9:30 when we were relieved by the oncoming shift (shift change is normally 800). 1045 by the time we're back at station, cleaned up, ready to drive home, but luckily the Capt put us in till 1100... and did I mention all this was an overtime shift?

The fire is actually a fairly big one (for us anyway, we dont get those monsters CalFire has to deal with). Normally a brush fire is a single engine (or engine and tanker) response, sometimes a second company called in to assist... we were like the 6th engine dispatched, out of at least 9 on scene when we cleared, plus both department helicopters providing water drops (and an additional Quint assigned to support that) plus all 5 water tankers we have, the Ops Chief ended up coming out. Some 50 personnel, which is 20% of our on duty personnel were assigned to this 4am fire... Oh yeah, the Federal Fire Dept sent like 3 of their own engines and 3 tankers and some brush trucks out (the fire was encroaching one of the military bases)

So yeah, very def glad to be home, and just in zombie mode lol

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I can't believe our little one is three months old. Three months! It's insane.
I'm tellin' ya... don't blink, they grow too fast...

CALEMT

The fire is actually a fairly big one (for us anyway, we dont get those monsters CalFire has to deal with).

My last veg fire was in December. Relatively small one, only like half an acre. Day 1/6 (3 days OT) would be on daylight savings. I know it's technically not an hour earlier, but I'm still saying I woke up at 3:45 instead of 4:45.