the 100% directionless thread

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I let my instructor certs lapse, so in the next 2 months I have to retake ACLS, PALS, BLS instructor and teach a PHTLS class. I'm trying to get my business recognized as a training center for NAEMT, so I can offer GEMS and EPC.

I'm also taking Advanced Haz Mat life support in a couple of weeks. Sounds interesting. Taught by some toxicology fellows from University of Arizona. We have a couple of BIG chemical manufacturers in our response area. They're served by volunteer fire and nobody seems to have any idea about how to triage and manage patients in a haz mat incident. It makes me incredibly nervous.

I missed AMLS this quarter. I'll have to get it next time it comes around.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
My BLS instructor lapsed but I still have my ACLS and pals instructor cards. I need to get my BLS back asap so I can teach enough of the others to keep them.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
This is my recert year for classes. ACLS and PALS are finished. NRP and AMLS sometime this year and I have to take ITLS a year early. For whatever reason they gave me a 3 year cert last time and it threw everything off (they typically only give out two year certs at my employer).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
My ITLS was also a 3 year cert

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Same here.

What's RUHS stand for? You are talking about the county hospital in MoVal, yes?

As far as I know the ATLS course is just an "audit" for medics; it's mainly just observation TMK. I don't know if Mercy Air even requires it anymore, but like most things the alphabet soup is "highly encouraged".
Riverside University Health System.

Reach and Mercy all require an advanced trauma course within 6 months (ATLS/ATCN or TNACT)

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I guess Im not the only one. I let my BLS instructor lapse also. I only kept it as a favor to the chief at a local FD but I wasnt teaching enough classes. I just got it back for some silly reason.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I guess Im not the only one. I let my BLS instructor lapse also. I only kept it as a favor to the chief at a local FD but I wasnt teaching enough classes. I just got it back for some silly reason.

I am only getting it back because I can't teach ACLS or pals without it for some reason

VentMonkey

Family Guy
'Tis the year of the recert for I as well. I have PALS in two weeks which should give me enough to complete NR.

Luckily I am at least a year ahead for my FP-C con-ed, but I still have to do a prep course audit. 96 hours of CE from the CCP course last year is now paying dividends.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
More power to you guys that are ACLS and PALS instructors. Between my normal classes, Firefighter I and II, DR1, and being a DOSE Trainer......i couldn't take on anything else.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Crap my FPC is up this year. I think I have enough hours just from my ccemtp class, since it is on the books as a prep course. C-NPT is next year but all my hours for that are already done

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
They're served by volunteer fire

No industrial fire brigade? Would have imagined there's some sort of...state law requiring that, or something?

redundantbassist

Nefarious Dude
I let my instructor certs lapse, so in the next 2 months I have to retake ACLS, PALS, BLS instructor and teach a PHTLS class. I'm trying to get my business recognized as a training center for NAEMT, so I can offer GEMS and EPC.

I'm also taking Advanced Haz Mat life support in a couple of weeks. Sounds interesting. Taught by some toxicology fellows from University of Arizona. We have a couple of BIG chemical manufacturers in our response area. They're served by volunteer fire and nobody seems to have any idea about how to triage and manage patients in a haz mat incident. It makes me incredibly nervous.

I missed AMLS this quarter. I'll have to get it next time it comes around.
One of the nice things about being an aha instructor and working for an agency thats an aha training center is the overtime $$.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Top 5 movies... go!

Motivation for me- Going to Ohio Wednesday for some meetings... Need to get some movies for my trip lol.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Top 5 movies... go!

Motivation for me- Going to Ohio Wednesday for some meetings... Need to get some movies for my trip lol.
Of all time? That's a tough one...

2 recently made films I found intriguing are:

"Bleed For This", and "Hacksaw Ridge".

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
After 3 my truck project is finally in primer.
ff9c6e0e13e7cdb8a7621e0a1cf40528.jpg
2ea2f9bb8e3b2c82def249b49551a9c1.jpg

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Of all time? That's a tough one...

2 recently made films I found intriguing are:

"Bleed For This", and "Hacksaw Ridge".

If you had to go on a trip and watch movies which 3-5 would you take :). Hacksaw ridge was in my list too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
Cleaning the house to get ready to sell it. Amazing for all the crap one collects over 20 years. The dumpster is working over time.