the 100% directionless thread

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
Chatauqua is great! Shame it's so cold and snowy during the winter...

I'll stay out of the water, and stick to skiing - I hear lift tickets are actually not crazy expensive there

"Life's a Porch"

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Chatauqua is great! Shame it's so cold and snowy during the winter...
Albanys nice too :p, but for real, theres a tiny town near new Paltz named Clintondale. Has some of the best "farmy" mountain views i've ever seen. Not much to do, or places to stay... but really pretty if you're going for a day.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Albanys nice too :p, but for real, theres a tiny town near new Paltz named Clintondale. Has some of the best "farmy" mountain views i've ever seen. Not much to do, or places to stay... but really pretty if you're going for a day.

The area around New Paltz has a lot to do! I would like to check out mohonk mountain house eventually.

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess

My Dad used to live in Ballston Spa.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
The area around New Paltz has a lot to do! I would like to check out mohonk mountain house eventually.
i meant the specific town of clintondale. New Paltz can be fun... plus you may see me going to get a parolee around there.. lol

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
My Dad used to live in Ballston Spa.
about 40 mins from me!! I can show anybody who cares around albany... Who's corrupt, whos corrupt, and yea you guessed it... Who's corrupt. But seriously albany has some really really cool things, museums, state buildings, old parks ect.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
about 40 mins from me!! I can show anybody who cares around albany... Who's corrupt, whos corrupt, and yea you guessed it... Who's corrupt. But seriously albany has some really really cool things, museums, state buildings, old parks ect.

Some awesome architecture too! Empire State Plaza is classic 60's! And an HH Richardson city hall!

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess

I used to take the train to Rensselaer Station when I was going to school in Manhattan. My Dad and I would hang out in Albany and eat and drive around before going back to his house.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Have to go down to the state plaza a lot >.<.. Church is pretty close to it as well... On the opposite side of town you have the Times union center too :p. Along with some really really cool technological stuff by UAlbany

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I used to take the train to Rensselaer Station when I was going to school in Manhattan. My Dad and I would hang out in Albany and eat and drive around before going back to his house.
ever have Gus' in watervliet????

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Yes!!!! lol
I get them like once a week....... Sooooooo good, and soooooooo cheap! they still hangin' around
true hole in the wall :p

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Awww dang it. I wanted to drive down to the County EMS office to submit my recert paperwork today.... I need 24 hours of CE's, and I did a mix of in person and online hours, and apparently LA Co has decided you are only allowed to do a max of 8 hours of CE in any one day....and I have 9 hours in one day from the online stuff (that's what I get for thinking I was being productive on my day off) -_-

Anjel

Forum Angel
Precepting two new medics for their clearance rides. One is great. The other... the other is going to drive me to drinking on shift.

As long as you're judged by a jury of your peers who know the struggle of precepting... drinking should totally be fine :p

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?