the 100% directionless thread

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
These next two days are my last two days on the BLS truck unless I want to work with a friend. That sweet, sweet freedom from IFT and BS 911's is almost here.

MrJones

Iconoclast
School zone rules vary from town to town in the metro Phoenix area. In Tempe, it's 35 at ALL times. Some places have flashing lights. I just went back by the school and it is the flashing light scenario. I'm not sure why the camera activated. One would think 3 am would be a plus for me.
Were you only exceeding the school zone speed limit or were you above the non-school zone limit as well?

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
Were you only exceeding the school zone speed limit or were you above the non-school zone limit as well?

Only the school zone limit. I'm ultra conscientious when it comes to speed limits in order to avoid problems concerning my job. That's what makes this even more frustrating.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Only the school zone limit. I'm ultra conscientious when it comes to speed limits in order to avoid problems concerning my job. That's what makes this even more frustrating.

That's the only crap thing to Arizona, those speed cameras. You should win if you take it to court. It's pretty absurd to get a ticket for going the speed limit at 3am when there's definitely no children around.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
That's the only crap thing to Arizona, those speed cameras. You should win if you take it to court. It's pretty absurd to get a ticket for going the speed limit at 3am when there's definitely no children around.
At least AZ warns you well in advance where the cameras are.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

Gurby

Forum Asst. Chief
Did well on my interview/scenario today! Just one more step before achieving a goal I set as a baby paramedic :D

Just go in and be like,

hqdefault.jpg

epipusher

Forum Asst. Chief
Yea, if i had to say MAYBE, a ticket- fine. But if you actually go to court and show your an emt, and have taken xyz class, been doing it for xyz years, and my sister needed to be at the ER 5 minutes ago kinda thing, you'd be fine. I don't think the judge would put points on, and if he/she did you can appeal it.

EDIT: most of the "camera tickets" are just fines, because there are certain unkowns(Stolen ect.)
Or ask why she did not call an ambulance.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Yea, if i had to say MAYBE, a ticket- fine. But if you actually go to court and show your an emt, and have taken xyz class, been doing it for xyz years, and my sister needed to be at the ER 5 minutes ago kinda thing, you'd be fine. I don't think the judge would put points on, and if he/she did you can appeal it.

EDIT: most of the "camera tickets" are just fines, because there are certain unkowns(Stolen ect.)
As an EMS providers I'd be wary of saying that since we probably should know better.

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
As an EMS providers I'd be wary of saying that since we probably should know better.

Bottom line is that I was staying at my mom's across the street from my sister's house and I already knew what the problem was. No need for an ambulance. I was following the posted speed limit and obeying traffic laws. The camera is supposed to be triggered when the lights are flashing during school functions. I have since learned from EMS friends that work that area that it's a known issue with that particular camera. There is a chance that I will never hear from them.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Bottom line is that I was staying at my mom's across the street from my sister's house and I already knew what the problem was. No need for an ambulance. I was following the posted speed limit and obeying traffic laws. The camera is supposed to be triggered when the lights are flashing during school functions. I have since learned from EMS friends that work that area that it's a known issue with that particular camera. There is a chance that I will never hear from them.
I more responding NysEms's post. Going to court to contest a speeding ticket by saying your EMT and were driving someone over the speed limit would probably not fly.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I am at a 21 Pilots concert. I wonder if @caEMT is volunteering there today.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Nice! I wanted to go to their Austin show, but no luck :/
Wanted to see them at Red Rocks, sold out in a couple of minutes and I'm not quite fan enough to pay 100+/seat.

I am at a 21 Pilots concert. I wonder if @caEMT is volunteering there today.
Of course, having fun without me! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Random tourist at the beach to me:

"Not to tell you how to do your job, but most vehicles are stolen when they have their keys in the ignition and are left running."

"Well ma'am, we have to keep them running to keep the equipment charged and the medications cool. It is locked up even with it running though."

"That seems like a pretty fiscally irresponsible practice, and I'd be extremely upset as a taxpayer if your laziness caused me to buy you a new vehicle."

"Understood. Thanks for your input. Enjoy the beach."

Smile and wave boys. Smile and wave.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Lol, that was really funny Chaz. She seemed as if she was not a tax payer too. Instead of being black and white id be red and white tho sadly :(, burning is too easy :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk