the 100% directionless thread

Angel

Paramedic
arent the military rules changed? you can drink on base only if under 21 or am i imagining things

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
As far as I'm aware it's always been 21 and older to drink on or off base, 20 and younger always got a stern warning their only legal bac was 0.00

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
So ready to be done with medic school. Just need a few more hours and a few more pt contacts!

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I'm turning 12 next week.</trolling>

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
In need of new climbing shoes.

Recommendations?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Welp all I got to do now is take my assessment test for the JC, then I can register for the A&P class for summer school.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Two years without having to do a hated standing take down, and now I was stuck doing two in one shot.

Yes, I did have to chew my tongue to a bloody pulp as I listened to someone try to explain why they were doing this to the patient. The poor patient was echoing my thoughts!

Patient: "Dude, I didn't hit my head, I remember the accident, and I don't have any pain anywhere. I was walking around for the last ten minutes before you got here and looking every direction without issue. Why are you doing this to my neck and back?"

EMS Provider: "Well, it's the adrenaline and stuff. If you move wrong, you could suddenly be paralyzed. This is to make sure your spine doesn't move at all. Believe me, it's for the best."

Patient: "Well, I guess you know better than I do."

I just had to walk away. Ten more hours...

Angel

Paramedic
eh, my company has the same thought process...because, you know, mechanism! damn everything else...

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Meanwhile here the fire medic decided to put the board back on the rig and collar (for neck pain) in position of comfort on the gurney after the patient is able to walk out of the car onto the gurney

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
Meanwhile here the fire medic decided to put the board back on the rig and collar (for neck pain) in position of comfort on the gurney after the patient is able to walk out of the car onto the gurney

I had to deal with these events in the same day...

1. FF took the actual wood OUT of the pedi immobilization device. Maybe he wanted to duct tape the pt to it?

2. Show up on scene to the FF saying "Hey we are going to back board her, due to having abdominal pain." Me: "ummm ok? Did you clear cspine?" FF:"yes." Me: "ok well why don't you clear cspine again and forget about the back board."

Gotta love it, also how they get a dstick on every freakin pt.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I had to deal with these events in the same day...

1. FF took the actual wood OUT of the pedi immobilization device. Maybe he wanted to duct tape the pt to it?

2. Show up on scene to the FF saying "Hey we are going to back board her, due to having abdominal pain." Me: "ummm ok? Did you clear cspine?" FF:"yes." Me: "ok well why don't you clear cspine again and forget about the back board."

Gotta love it, also how they get a dstick on every freakin pt.
Yeah they're def getting better about not boarding everyone.....but most patients do end up getting a BSG and 4 lead done

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Do they still do 18X? Though @9D4, your still looking at AF Pararescue right? That and fighter pilot are among the only AF jobs I'd seriously consider lol

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Yeah they're still recruiting for 18x. I briefly looked at, but I got a waiver that still let's me go PJ. I was always planning on that route, but I was initially told my vision was too bad
second recruiter corrected that issue.
Just working on getting back in shape to go at it again. Packed on some lbs when I was on bed rest and my mile run went way up hahaha.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
We get called out by family members because, "mother is acting a little differently today." We get there, and pt is slightly clammy with no complaints what-so-ever, and is a little slow to answer questions but is AO. Has history of only early dementia and lots of past UTIs. Heart rate in the high 50's low 60's with BP about 100/60. I started going down sepsis route, but axillary temp is normal and family denies her being sick lately. Thinking maybe she is past the fever stage. Medic agrees and starts treating. Throw on a 12-lead. Boom ST elevation in leads 2, 3 and aVF.

Pretty crazy how a pt has no real complaints, but can be going through a STEMI. Oh, we later found out she was septic as well. To bad we don't have our lactate monitors in the field yet, would have loved to see what it was.