the 100% directionless thread

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
Tryng to figure out how I can get to CA for the grateful dead shows in June. I thought I would be able to pay for the whole trip with the proceeds from selling my extra tickets, but they are just barely going for $100 at this point.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
It was good. Jostled the FFs in the back a little. Will take it a little slower and easier next time. :oops:
Just remember that Code 3 doesn't mean you have to go faster or accelerate/brake harder. If anything, use it as a reminder to drive more carefully because there are presumably people working in the back. Code 3 can get you around extremely slow/stopped traffic or gridlock, but it's otherwise not meant to save time on an open road without traffic or lights.

Everyone gets excited their first time, so no worries :) Good job.

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
Partner's husband went for an angiogram and had two stents placed. Few hours later he went home. Amazing how things are changing.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
20150427_162604.jpg

This was a good reason to close the campus and start evacuations.

Anjel

Forum Angel

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well damn...I got the letter from LA County Fire....I didn't pass the written test :'(

At least I'm still in the process with San Diego Fire-Rescue and Long Beach Fire...

surfinluke

Forum Crew Member
Well damn...I got the letter from LA County Fire....I didn't pass the written test :'(

At least I'm still in the process with San Diego Fire-Rescue and Long Beach Fire...

I got lucky somehow and made it through. I have heard of a lot of people not passing that exam.

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
I never really draw a blank on exams but today's Organic Chemistry Mid-Term was a first.
Days of studying Carboxylic Acid Derivatives, Aldol Condensations, Cleisen Reactions, and the like down the drain.

Step 1. Work your butt off to learn the reactions, reagents, and their mechanisms
Step 2. Enter test feeling like you might stand a chance
Step 3. Stare a test and completely blank
Step 4. Cry

Well...yet another reason to kill my science GPA.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Second semester of O-Chem was my least favorite class for a brief period of time. Then I took a wrong turn, ended up in Physical Biochemistry, and realized that Dante clearly missed writing about one of the circles of hell.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Responded for slightly slurred speech with no other complaints, progressed to altered, coded within two minutes of us transferring care in the ED. That was unexpected.

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
Just got informed that our new office isn't finished yet, and my start date will not in fact be tomorrow, but instead some other day in the unspecified future. Wicked pissed.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Well can't beat the shift I had yesterday. Broke a record. 2 calls 2 transport all after the halfway mark.