the 100% directionless thread

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Does anyone's protocols call for lido or amio anymore in situations such as this?

Yep. Standing orders for either Lido, Procanimide or Amio, both bolus and drips. (I was told nobody uses the Procanimide or Lido much. Just the "old school" medics.)

Last edited:

JosephDurham

Forum Crew Member
Getting bombarded with snow right now. Its ridiculous. Finally made it into work for 8 hours, and then home to study for the fire mid-term for tomorrow.

Joseph

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Sacramento county has standing orders for amio 150 over 10 mins for pulsing asymptomatic vtach
Where I work we can only give it (standing) post ROSC if vtach and not already given

and not already given? Generally hanging a maintenance drip is standard in ROSC if conversion after administration during the arrest. Just seems odd to me that you wouldn't hang a drip in a ROSC patient after administering amio during the arrest but everywhere is different. I believe the AHA guidelines are to hang it if it was administered during the arrest.

We can hang it post VF/VT ROSC even if we haven't administered it if they continue to have runs post-ROSC.
Sacramento does things a bit differently. To get Amio in Sac County, your patient has to be either in arrest (shockable rythm) (300 mg bolus then 150 mg bolus) or initially unstable tachycardia where you get shocked up to 3x, then if the QRS is still wide, you get amio - 150 mg over 10 min or 150 mg bolus followed by a shock (stable / unstable). No post ROSC amio in and of itself. I suspect that they expect that post ROSC, if your patient then presents with a dysrythmia, you'll implement the appropriate dysrythmia protocol.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Great...the ExxonMobil refinery in Torrance blew up this morning, gas is already shooting up at least 10c/gal, prob gonna go up even more tomorrow....Fortunately only 4 minor injuries reported. And the fire was knocked out with what sounds like "only" a 2nd alarm so it def could have been a lot worse. It's funny, the Gerber Ambulance station where I used to work is (was*) pretty much right next door to the refinery, seeing the burn off flare was a common site on my drive home

*was because Gerber has gone bye bye and is now out of business not because the explosion did anything to it lol

JosephDurham

Forum Crew Member
Yeah it's miserable here in Ohio. Colleges are closing, my sons school has closed. We have had around 15" in 2 days. Now heading to work and then fire class, if it doesn't get canceled.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
It's been a little chilly here the past few days too. Got down to 60. Brr lol

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Poor Boston EMS will resume responses in May or June.

4a926e8cc41e562a523b4e693740f9da.jpg

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
I just found out that my best friend from childhood passed away. It just doesn't seem right for someone so young to die.

I just found out that my best friend from childhood passed away. It just doesn't seem right for someone so young to die.
I'm sorry for your loss V. :(