the 100% directionless thread

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
Would this be at Pres? If so that's one of the nurse's bikes.

That's the one I was talking about, yeah. One of these days I won't have a call pending when I drop there and I'll take the time to track them down to ask about it.

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Maniacally laughed to myself last night on a call.. I responded to a page as an EMR in POV.

Pt was 6'5", 320 pounds, on the second floor and the rig that showed up had the old style stair chair without the tracks...

Since I wasn't on duty, I got to watch.

giphy.gif

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
When I talk her into being ok with it it'll be a Daytona 675 street triple, a GSX-R750 or a Ducati 848 :D

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
When I talk her into being ok with it it'll be a Daytona 675 street triple, a GSX-R750 or a Ducati 848 :D

Because of my height, I'm basically stuck with dual-sports, even though I do almost exclusively on-road riding. Some of the larger standards are okay, but sports bikes kill my back, and cruisers are too low.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Because of my height, I'm basically stuck with dual-sports, even though I do almost exclusively on-road riding. Some of the larger standards are okay, but sports bikes kill my back, and cruisers are too low.

If I were to get anything it would be a dual sport... those things are badass. On another note barbecuing ribs tonight, braising them in Dr. Pepper at 350 degrees for 2 hours then on the grill they go with sweet baby rays bbq sauce

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

I want a dual sport... But I'm too short. Hell I'm too short for some sport bikes

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief

Since you have a thumper, already, have you looked at the KTM Duke 690?
Pretty sharp bike, I would love one. Sits pretty high (I think 34 inches) But a 330 lb bike with 70 horses.... Think that's a little much at this time :unsure:

I wanted a dual sport actually. Just couldn't find one that fit. Then I sat on the SV650 and it... just fit... Haha. Sit position was great, legs weren't cramped. I'm browsing online now though, and I'm finding them for a decent amount cheaper... Just means I'll have to find the time to save up another 2-3 grand, since I wont be financing (which I actually wanted, since I need to build some credit up).
Moto Guzzi Griso 1200 SE Black Devil edition. Ends all as far as beauty.

For a super bike... The aforementioned Duke... Just the 1290 Super Duke. Increases weight by 90 lbs... Just with 110 more horsepower...
I am a fan of the street triple, as well, though. As well as the speed triple... I like a lot of things... Anything that sounds nice and looks purty. Quickness is a plus. Lmfao

Last edited by a moderator:

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Our favorite post got all burnt up after a 350 acre fire. Noooooo

I'm not surprised. That place was just waiting to go up. So much dry brush and overgrowth.

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
My girlfriend basically put her foot down and said a street bike is a relationship ender after her last fatal motorcycle accident she ran.

Kinda frustrating but oh well. We'll come back to it in a couple years ;)

I hinted at the idea of a bike too,, and I got hell no, I'm not gonnna have you killed..

Maniacally laughed to myself last night on a call.. I responded to a page as an EMR in POV.

Pt was 6'5", 320 pounds, on the second floor and the rig that showed up had the old style stair chair without the tracks...

Since I wasn't on duty, I got to watch.

giphy.gif

Remember EMS Law of the universe - A Patient's weight is always proportionate to the amount of stairs one must climb.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I'm only 135# soaking wet, I don't need a liter+ bike lol.

My sled is about 475 wet with 165 horse power. I want to put a drag track on it and see how fast it does 0-60. I'd bet under 3 if I could get it to hook.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm only 135# soaking wet, I don't need a liter+ bike lol.

My sled is about 475 wet with 165 horse power. I want to put a drag track on it and see how fast it does 0-60. I'd bet under 3 if I could get it to hook.
What the hell?? Someone needs to take me snowmobiling one of these days! Didn't realize they had that kind of power.
Well... That and I've never seen snow so... Haha

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Just don't let Robb take you... :p

Oh, and did she finally come around, Robb? Or did you just pull a Ben and dose her up on some Ketamine? :lol:

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Apparently to get to my heater core I have to pull my entire dashboard out. I'm hoping this is the issue and not something else. My car overheated, and the fluid backed up into the resivour and boiled. I figured the thermostat went while it was hot, or something got clogged... Nope. Ran water through the top of the radiator, and it flowed out freely at the bottom. Pulled the thermostat and ran water through the otherside of the top of the radiator hose, and it flowed out where the thermostat housing is so I'm pretty sure there's no clogs... It's just odd, my heater stopped blowing hot too.

I'm also pretty sure it's not the head gasket since there's no smoke coming out of the exhaust pipe, and no milky residue on the fill cap :/

EOw33Htl.jpg

bSQyIiSl.jpg

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Apparently to get to my heater core I have to pull my entire dashboard out. I'm hoping this is the issue and not something else. My car overheated, and the fluid backed up into the resivour and boiled. I figured the thermostat went while it was hot, or something got clogged... Nope. Ran water through the top of the radiator, and it flowed out freely at the bottom. Pulled the thermostat and ran water through the otherside of the top of the radiator hose, and it flowed out where the thermostat housing is so I'm pretty sure there's no clogs... It's just odd, my heater stopped blowing hot too.

I'm also pretty sure it's not the head gasket since there's no smoke coming out of the exhaust pipe, and no milky residue on the fill cap :/

EOw33Htl.jpg

bSQyIiSl.jpg

Are you able to just bypass the heater core itself? Connect the input/in flow tube directly to the output/out flow tube?

Should be able to find out if that's the issue. And with it being SoCal you don't really need a heater.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Are you able to just bypass the heater core itself? Connect the input/in flow tube directly to the output/out flow tube?

Should be able to find out if that's the issue. And with it being SoCal you don't really need a heater.

That's what happened to my first car. 150k+ miles. Turned on the heater one day and the inside was filled with a fine white dust. Checked the radiator later and it was empty. The mechanic found a pretty good hole in the heater coil and we just bypassed it with no problems.

/Benefits of living in So. Cal.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Surgery scheduled for 4/9. They've got it slated as arthroscopic but they're going to have to take a looksie right off the bat and make sure.

Of course I had to tear the rare part of it that ends up injured...the part that's covered by the scapula. Hurray!

You have to have a working AC condenser and a working heater core to live here. Hell even in the summertime you might be running your AC in the day then need your heat at night. Gotta love living in the high desert.

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
That's what happened to my first car. 150k+ miles. Turned on the heater one day and the inside was filled with a fine white dust. Checked the radiator later and it was empty. The mechanic found a pretty good hole in the heater coil and we just bypassed it with no problems.

/Benefits of living in So. Cal.

The plastic quick connect on my last truck snapped and sprayed coolant over the engine. It was going to be over $100 to fix. So we just bypassed the heater core. Turned into a $5 repair.

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member

You did check to make sure the water pump is working, right? That would be my first guess based on that presentation.