the 100% directionless thread

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I'll just go ahead and point out that when I'm on pain-killers I don't tend to make a big deal out of it, and I also tend to carry only a few more pills than I expect to use every time I leave the house, since I'm the kind of dumbass who loses bottles of narcotics (A problem I only have with my personal meds, I've never yet lost a narc kit.)
So I'd be knocking on wood for that yet!
Lmao and true I suppose. Why are you guys tearing my argument into pieces?? Oh, cause I'm crazy? That works then. Suppose it'll be apology time tonight in a couple hours.
At least till I see what's up. Then I can see if I'm the crazy one. Lmao

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
Well, it's also possible that she's a junkie, but until you know you don't know. Talk to her.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Does everyone on this forum know where I live and work? That's kinda scary....Might need to rethink how I post. I trust the regulars, know most of them beyond here but still...

What's fun to do in Reno, besides gambling?

We'll get in March 28 and leave April 2nd. He's bowling in tournaments 31st and 1st. We will have a rental car.

I'm going to PM you.

They say Robb puts on one helluva strip show :rofl:

Hey, Paramedic pays the bills, stripping pays the fun! :p

We will be staying at The Sands Regency. Do you make house calls, Robb?

Only for you ;)

I'll just go ahead and point out that when I'm on pain-killers I don't tend to make a big deal out of it, and I also tend to carry only a few more pills than I expect to use every time I leave the house, since I'm the kind of dumbass who loses bottles of narcotics (A problem I only have with my personal meds, I've never yet lost a narc kit.)

I destroyed a massive Rx of Norcos a couple weeks back. i felt like an idiot asking for a refill of a 150# Rx a week later. Especially since I'm sure someone has used the excuse I used prior to me, minus the actually doing it part...

9D4 - I can see why you're mad but also you haven't been talking for "that" long. I don't generally go around telling everyone how many prescription narcotics I take. If you looked at me you'd never guess I was injured but I'm in an exorbitant amount of pain. Maybe she was afraid of telling you because she was afraid you'd react this way?

I also second the only taking a few with me. I'm not walking around with the massive Rx they give me. That's asking for trouble, especially in this town. I take what I'll need for the day and then usually add an extra one or two to a smaller bottle from a previous Rx of the same medication. I'm not saying this is what's happening but it's a possibility. Talk to her about it man, you were way into this girl. Don't throw something away on an assumption.

Rin

Forum Captain
Why are you guys tearing my argument into pieces?? [/QUOTE]

Because you really like that girl and it'd be a shame to throw it away for what might be no reason. Good luck with your apology, man!

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Got it taken care of. Asked why there was so little and got a picture of a whole Baggie full of them and a caption of "so you can't be an :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: anymore".
Haha well, least it's taken care of. Well see how I do with the make up!
That's just a sore spot when you grow up with two addict parents, haha. So well see if she understands haha.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Got it taken care of. Asked why there was so little and got a picture of a whole Baggie full of them and a caption of "so you can't be an :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: anymore".
Haha well, least it's taken care of. Well see how I do with the make up!
That's just a sore spot when you grow up with two addict parents, haha. So well see if she understands haha.

Good luck dude...

Seriously. That's gonna be a tough hole to climb out of I hope she's cool about it.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Yep. I caught onto that. Especially after a month.
I really need to work on how much of a hothead I am. Lose my cool way too often lately. Lmao
We'll see! I told her id make it up by cooking her dinner tonight, but haven't heard back. Unsurprisingly.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Anyone have experience with Ford Edges? I am looking at a 2011. Quality looks nice but I am concerned about reliability and longevity. Has ~65K miles.

On a side note, KCCO
1443_1788437033211_576880402_n.jpg

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Anyone have experience with Ford Edges? I am looking at a 2011. Quality looks nice but I am concerned about reliability and longevity. Has ~65K miles.

On a side note, KCCO

I have a 2013 and love it. It has been great so far. Only 10k on it so can't really comment on longevity . I do have friends that have had various model years and they have no complaints.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

On a side note, KCCO

Nice swag! I need to get a new sticker for the truck I just bought

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Don't you have a wrangler? I would take that any day over an edge.

I do but the engine is burning oil and has a few problems that are not worth fixing. I am getting a good deal trading it in. I am not going to buy another Wrangler until I can afford to buy a new one.

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
I do but the engine is burning oil and has a few problems that are not worth fixing. I am getting a good deal trading it in. I am not going to buy another Wrangler until I can afford to buy a new one.

I had a jeep that changed its on oil on a regular basis too... Its a common thing

On the other note, Ford Edge is not a bad ride. the timing chains wear out on them cause they stretch out. But that's usually in the 150k mileage range.. So you got a good 90k to play with yet at minimal.

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
could've went on tour with a friend of mines band for the Vans Warped tour... Had to turn it down to finish medic school.

Not sure if I'lll be kicking myself in the arse later for this one.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Well that's funny. My old service in west Texas apparently wants me to come back... well, at least the private company that runs that town (which is almost everyone I worked with while I was there)... and there might be flight time involved too.

Last edited by a moderator:

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Sounds like everyone is trying to bribe you with flight time!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Sounds like everyone is trying to bribe you with flight time!

Not enough :p Only them really now. My preceptor here at the hospital is trying to get me hooked up with flight time through his company though

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Any tips for breaking in new boots... my feet are going to hate me for the next couple weeks

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Any tips for breaking in new boots... my feet are going to hate me for the next couple weeks

Wear them? :p I've never actually had issues with new boots. Dr scholls insoles, the ones fitted to your feet are super nice though.