the 100% directionless thread

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Wow. And you're still able to post on the forum! That's pretty … Oh. It wasn't you.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Perforated proximal LAD = bad day

This wasn't an injury from PCI was it? I could see that being quite the moment in the Cath lab.

Cardiologist: You know that clot? Yeah, there's a small chance I've made things worse...

Last edited by a moderator:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
This wasn't an injury from PCI was it? I could see that being quite the moment in the Cath lab.

Cardiologist: You know that clot? Yeah, there's a small chance I've made things worse...

Happened to my grandpa a couple months back. Doc zigged when he should've zagged. Perforated a distal portion of the circumflex.

Just released! :)

Released into the field today after successfully completing the new hire orientation program and receiving my city/company badge. Off for the holiday tomorrow, and then the fun begins on Friday! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Thank you! Yes it is :)
Can you tell lol

Congrats dude! Good luck out there.

It needs to cool down...AC only works when we're moving...got to 104 when we were posted. Usually sit in the box so my partner can be up front with his trainee but not anymore if its gonna be that hot back there!

Easternemt

Forum Crew Member
Congrats dude! Good luck out there.

It needs to cool down...AC only works when we're moving...got to 104 when we were posted. Usually sit in the box so my partner can be up front with his trainee but not anymore if its gonna be that hot back there!

Ma'am* :) and thank you I need all the luck I can get!

Only moving ?? I remember during my ride alongs every time we posted it was at various little houses that belonged to the ambulances; the paramedic and Emt would go in there and relax and keep cool. Is that not how it is everywhere ?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

Only moving ?? I remember during my ride alongs every time we posted it was at various little houses that belonged to the ambulances; the paramedic and Emt would go in there and relax and keep cool. Is that not how it is everywhere ?

Nope. A lot of places use what's called System Status Management. You are posted at street corners for your shift

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

Oops my apologies! Either way, congratulations :)

We have a mix of system status and hard posts. We have 4 offices, well 3 offices and a 5th wheel that they post crews at that you can go inside, there's a microwave, computer, TV, AC, couches and a bathroom. The 5th wheel is just like any old RV, it's our rural post so it's not uncommon to spend your whole shift there if you get lucky enough to get posted out there.

Most of our posts are street corners though. We have a one mile radius of the corner they assign us that we can roam unless there's a weird demand on the system and they might specify exactly where you can go. Most local business are cool about us coming inside and hanging out as long as our radios are down low. I usually always buy something too, I feel bad sitting in their business and using their restroom without paying for something. There are a few places that will give us free coffee or cold drinks every now and again. Also when I worked nights some of the restaurants or gas stations in the "worst" part of towns like us hanging out. It's a good crime deterrent having an ambulance parked out front with the crew members sitting at a table in the front window with their radios on the table.

Easternemt

Forum Crew Member
Oops my apologies! Either way, congratulations :)

We have a mix of system status and hard posts. We have 4 offices, well 3 offices and a 5th wheel that they post crews at that you can go inside, there's a microwave, computer, TV, AC, couches and a bathroom. The 5th wheel is just like any old RV, it's our rural post so it's not uncommon to spend your whole shift there if you get lucky enough to get posted out there.

Most of our posts are street corners though. We have a one mile radius of the corner they assign us that we can roam unless there's a weird demand on the system and they might specify exactly where you can go. Most local business are cool about us coming inside and hanging out as long as our radios are down low. I usually always buy something too, I feel bad sitting in their business and using their restroom without paying for something. There are a few places that will give us free coffee or cold drinks every now and again. Also when I worked nights some of the restaurants or gas stations in the "worst" part of towns like us hanging out. It's a good crime deterrent having an ambulance parked out front with the crew members sitting at a table in the front window with their radios on the table.

Aww well that's nice! Doing some good while posting...I like that!