the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I would hand the toll my card, pay for everyone then submit for reimbursement. you obviously haven't read the DRT reimbursement policy, its all fair game. and the points/miles are yours to keep. did I mention you get $60.00 per day for food, as long as you dont take their crappy brown bag?

portal.com > admin resources or Common Links > Concur travel > expenses

I didn't realize that 60/day for food thing. I'll have to remember that for my next deployment. got reimbursed for everythign else though

Anjel

Forum Angel

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
We were on highways and city streets along with closed highways and flooded city streets. Any toll booths we go code thru (they want to charge $12.50 per person).

Then entire northeast shuts down when a super-megastorm rolls in, except for the toll booths? Really?

Its a freaking disaster out there right now, and they are still insisting on collecting tolls, from hundreds of ambulances, when the road is flooded and no one else is out?

W.....T...F.....?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I would hand the toll my card, pay for everyone then submit for reimbursement. you obviously haven't read the DRT reimbursement policy, its all fair game. and the points/miles are yours to keep. did I mention you get $60.00 per day for food, as long as you dont take their crappy brown bag?

portal.com > admin resources or Common Links > Concur travel > expenses

I already read it. I'm not gonna spend my money for a toll road (even tho I can get paid back) when we can just run right thru. I've already bought a lot of stuff (GPS, cloths, etc).

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
So what do you do when you go to stuff like this? Regular calls? Regular dialysis runs? I really don't know.
Depends. From my past deployment (Katrina) and those of others:

Some of the DRT deployment will be backing up 911 in various areas. Partially due to increased volume, and partially so that those that have been on duty for 72 hours or more can stand down, go home, and worry about their own families and property.

Some of the deployment will be moving people as a direct result of the storm - evacuating SNF's and hosptials without power or other issues, and perhaps relocating people from shelter facilities to longer-term placement as things are available.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
So Star Wars 7 comes out in 2015. Discuss.

I haven't come to terms with the news yet. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Porta

Forum Lieutenant
So Star Wars 7 comes out in 2015. Discuss.

That sound you hear?
My heart breaking into a million pieces.

Really Lucas. How much money do you really need!?

*stalks off to have her Star Wars tattoo removed*

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
That sound you hear?

Why so?

I don't ascribe to purist ideals so I am intrigued.

It's supposed to be based on the Thrawn Trilogy, and if done right, it could be awesome. Lucas won't be part of the production. Some Disney person will be executive producer.

Could be bad, could be great....I'm happy and scared at the same time.

Porta

Forum Lieutenant
Why so?

It's supposed to be based on the Thrawn Trilogy, and if done right, it could be awesome. Lucas won't be part of the production. Some Disney person will be executive producer.

I love(d) the history of the original series, but I was just so disappointed in how I-III came out. I was hoping they wouldn't rely so much on CGI and flashy names on the marquee...
And I am a purist :).

Disney *does* make good movies, so I'm prepared to keep an open mind. But after the mess of freakin' Jar Jar Binks...

MexDefender

Forum Lieutenant
I love(d) the history of the original series, but I was just so disappointed in how I-III came out. I was hoping they wouldn't rely so much on CGI and flashy names on the marquee...
And I am a purist :).

Disney *does* make good movies, so I'm prepared to keep an open mind. But after the mess of freakin' Jar Jar Binks...

Sigh not another one... Everything you ever love has or will be hacked up into pieces for profit or more entertainment. Now if it were truly a master piece than I could see your point but its not. So world doesn't explode...

Oldboy remake by spike lee. Awesome ruin greatest South Korean film ever made. Remake this or that... It's what Hollywood and entertainment industry does and will continue to do. It's better to enjoy what you love and look at the new film/whatever in a new perspective. Like girl with dragon tattoo remake barely years after trilogy? Awful... But watched and had good qualities. Let me in... Better than original. You get my point hopefully.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
That sound you hear?

4.05 billion. He sold Lucasfilm to Disney.

Why so?

That is just a suggestion/rumor. I'm enough of a nerd I've been paying close attention to this, and all info concerning what the new movies will be about is just conjecture.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
That is just a suggestion/rumor. I'm enough of a nerd I've been paying close attention to this, and all info concerning what the new movies will be about is just conjecture.

Don't ruin my fantasy! :p

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
40 ambulances with code lights on (no sirens) making a U-turn into a truck stop. The look on the publics face was priceless.