the 100% directionless thread

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
And now a shooting, self-inflicted through and through the temporal two hours before we got there, and still with decent vitals. Interesting shift... Ready to go home and sleep though!

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Yes sir! Yeah, the roller was huge, definitely wasn't going to be coming apart. And the way he was positioned in it, the engineers said if they tried to reverse it, it would likely just grind the leg more. His joint had already amputated about half way when we got there (I showed up with the docs), so they just finished what the machine had started. I got tons of pictures, but it was on one of the doc's phone, so he's going to email them to me when he gets the chance. :D Oh yes, be jealous... ;) Lol

Shoot a couple pics my way if you can. I know our folks will want to see them.

I saw our sup later on and she told me about some of it. Freaking crazy.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Shoot a couple pics my way if you can. I know our folks will want to see them.

I saw our sup later on and she told me about some of it. Freaking crazy.

Will do. Just saw the doc again, said he'd get them to me as soon as he could.

The ginger? :p

Anjel

Forum Angel
Interview got moved till Thursday. But I am happy. I don't have to miss my 12 lead lecture today.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Just got to assist on a field amputation of a mangled leg! Doc amputated through the knee joint while the patient was trapped in a paper press/roller. You can keep me up till 2am for that any time! :D

Geeze! Very cool but man the poor guy.

bigbaldguy

I'm having some kind of weird allergic reaction that is making my lips puff up :/ I crushed up a bunch of benadryl tablets and made a paste I smeared on my lips and it worked but must have worn off cuz they're puffing up again.

I am making the most awesome airplane noises right now :()

Pavehawk

Forum Lieutenant
I'm having some kind of weird allergic reaction that is making my lips puff up :/ I crushed up a bunch of benadryl tablets and made a paste I smeared on my lips and it worked but must have worn off cuz they're puffing up again.

I am making the most awesome airplane noises right now :()

I have seen some pretty strange safety briefings on your airline BBG, but that would by far be the strangest... "Pay no attention to the lips and vrooming noise!!"

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
First call last night? Constipation x3 days, on arrival met us outside but demanded we do the stuff indoors and not the ambulance because they weren't sure they wanted to go yet. Tried to go to the bathroom twice as we were there. Finally after 45 minutes I was done and said a choice needs to be made because we can't spend an hour at a house for constipation (especially since the ER was literally 7 minutes away).

-_-

Epi-do

I see dead people
Just got to assist on a field amputation of a mangled leg! Doc amputated through the knee joint while the patient was trapped in a paper press/roller. You can keep me up till 2am for that any time! :D

That is a once in a lifetime sort of run, for sure! How cool to be able to be there and see it happen.

bigbaldguy

Figured out why my lips puffed up. I accidentally sprayed them with off last night. That's going on my stupid things to avoid in the future list.

In other news. If you see an ex in a public place but you know they don't want to talk to you is it rude to pretend you don't see them or are you still supposed to wave or something?

Epi-do

I see dead people
If you know they don't want to talk to you, I say pretend you don't see them, and go about your business. That's what I would do anyway... (And if it matters, that's coming from a girl's point of view.)

bigbaldguy

If you know they don't want to talk to you, I say pretend you don't see them, and go about your business. That's what I would do anyway... (And if it matters, that's coming from a girl's point of view.)

Cool that's what i did. I just don't want her to hate me for yet something else :) especially when it's something I didn't mean to do this time.

Relationships the game that nobody ever wins. Best you can do is a draw. It's official I'm never dating again. I'm officially over it :)

Doh gotta go I hear them calling my table.

"bitter party of one your table is ready"

MrJones

Iconoclast
In other news. If you see an ex in a public place but you know they don't want to talk to you is it rude to pretend you don't see them or are you still supposed to wave or something?

Knowing they don't want to talk to you is all the reason you need to shout their name from across the room, move quickly into their personal space and start a meaningless conversation with them.

:cool:

apagea99

Forum Lieutenant
Knowing they don't want to talk to you is all the reason you need to shout their name from across the room, move quickly into their personal space and start a meaningless conversation with them.

And all the better if they are with someone else :ph34r:

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Neighbors look at you funny when you're doing the bug spray thing at 2130...not that I know from experience or anything. :lol:

bigbaldguy

I do that with regular folks that dislike me all the time, it's kind of my hobby actually. I'm a little afraid of my ex though, she could probably rip me in half :)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Just had a news camera man walk into the side of my ambulance at a TC. I really want to see the recording before they edit it out. "breaking news! A 2 car accident in the heart of *smack* (insert cuss words here)."