the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
This whole internal transfer thing is confusing. I've heard there's a place I can look at internal postings before they get put on the company's public site, but I can't find it. Lol I'm tired and I'll just call HR tomorrow

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I'm under a Tropical Storm Watch now.

For those who don't know, a Watch means that a TS or Hurricane Party is possible within the specified area.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
30 minute call to dispatch today. They could hear radio traffic but no one could hear them. I decide to call them up and let them know we can't hear them. So they test their main radio, nothing. Back up radio, nothing. Back up radio to the back up radio, still nothing.

Of course while I'm still on the phone when them a code 3 call comes in. Dispatch is like "uhhh hey I need you guys to play dispatch until we fix the radio issue". So we had to stay on the phone with dispatch write down all the call information and then dispatch the units out. It was a different experience.

Achilles

Forum Moron
I'm under a Tropical Storm Watch now.

For those who don't know, a Watch means that a TS or Hurricane Party is possible within the specified area.

41fa9de1.png

Light green is a moderate rain and the red is hail.

The purple is RF

Last edited by a moderator:

Epi-do

I see dead people
What a shift! It started at 8:05, just 5 minutes into the shift, and never stopped. Things were spaced out so it was a steady pace throughout the day. We had 6 runs in the first 16 hours, which isn't really all that bad. It was the 6 runs in the next 6 hours (from midnight to 6) that totally sucked! At least we got out on time.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Would've thought they'd be BLS. Interesting!

Are most of the college services you've run in to BLS?

I did say medic but they are BLS unit. Honestly not sure what cert was of guy I met.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
I did say medic but they are BLS unit. Honestly not sure what cert was of guy I met.

Ah, gotcha. Seems like there are few college ALS agencies, and nearly none with students as ALS providers, far as I can tell. Still, college EMS is a darn good thing!

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm now under a Tropical Storm Warning.

Sounds like u might get a little wet than. Now remember you don't need to water your lawn today

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Just finished 3hrs of extrication training in 95-100 degree heat. Holy :censored::censored::censored::censored:, somebody shoot me :(

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Sounds like u might get a little wet than. Now remember you don't need to water your lawn today

We've had about 10 inches of rain in the last 48 hours. The sprinklers will still come on on Saturday. Automatic sprinklers.