the 100% directionless thread

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Things to piss dispatch off

"Meowing" them

"Goathead"

"10-4 good buddy"

Using Roman numerals to identify your unit

Giving your position in either lat long coordinates or "front seat facing forward".

Stating you were delayed to "defunk"

Asking for "north or south bound" on residential streets

Stating over the radio them that despite what the CAD is telling them the other truck is 0.2 miles closer, it really is faster for you to run the interstate to that call rather than 15 miles of goat paths.

Can you tell I worked in a system where management went home at 5? :D

Anonymous

Forum Captain

"Meowing" them

"Goathead"

"10-4 good buddy"

Giving your position in either lat long coordinates or "front seat facing forward".

Stating over the radio them that despite what the CAD is telling them the other truck is 0.2 miles closer, it really is faster for you to run the interstate to that call rather than 15 miles of goat paths.

:rofl:

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients

"Meowing" them

"Goathead"

"10-4 good buddy"

We did squirrel chattering sounds too.

Or key up over an annoying, long winded crew.

One guy I work with currently likes to make what I call "speeches". "Dispatch, Medic 1 is clear of the receiving facility, having completed all necessary tasks there, and is now returning, in service, to the county, available for calls"

It's a real riot when he's first in on commercial fire alarms. ;)

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
We did squirrel chattering sounds too.

Or key up over an annoying, long winded crew.

One guy I work with currently likes to make what I call "speeches". "Dispatch, Medic 1 is clear of the receiving facility, having completed all necessary tasks there, and is now returning, in service, to the county, available for calls"

It's a real riot when he's first in on commercial fire alarms. ;)

Usually people like that think they're somehow covering themselves when they do that. What's worse is when they chart like that :rolleyes:...

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Usually people like that think they're somehow covering themselves when they do that. What's worse is when they chart like that :rolleyes:...

I once wrote a three page narrative for an infant who's only issue was an abrasion on her palm from catching herself when falling on the only rock on the field.

It was a slow day. Why not list EVERY negative, not just the pertinent ones? :rofl:

Anjel

Forum Angel
After much deliberation, I've decided I'm moving to Vegas for my internship. The opportunity is too good to pass up.

Hell Yea! That sounds Awesome!

Shishkabob

Forum Chief

I miss the freedom you and I had at ol' Burgandy to mess with dispatch. There's always 1-2 field supervisors and a dispatch supervisor on at this agency so we can't really do any funny stuff to get at dispatch. Doesn't mean we don't find ways to piss them off.

I have to fight the urge every time dispatch asks for current location to say "Texas" or something of the like.

danburyfirerescue

Forum Probie
we have guys that will key up and just play random parts of songs just to piss the dispatch off on a slow day. Dispatch will than start to set tones off trying to catch the person that's doing it and cover them selves by calling it a pager test.

Sasha

Forum Chief
we have guys that will key up and just play random parts of songs just to piss the dispatch off on a slow day. Dispatch will than start to set tones off trying to catch the person that's doing it and cover them selves by calling it a pager test.

Our radios display our unit number when we key up. No way we'd get away with that.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I absolutely hate it when I call dispatch and they reply to me with a *click*...it seems to upset them when I wait for them to actually talk to me before giving them my traffic.

I tend to make it a goal of my day to make the dispatcher laugh or to piss them off, depending on who it is. :p I get bored throughout the day so I'll do a few things like:

-Copying them with the current time like they do.
-I'll mix foreign words into my traffic
-I'll use an accent, not as funny as I thought it would be
-I'll give an oddly exact ETA to the hospital, i.e. 3 minutes 32 seconds.

But the most fun I have with dispatch is mixing movie quotes in...it can be a challenge.

danburyfirerescue

Forum Probie
lol you have to remember we are a "out in the sticks" rural fire dept ... we don't have Hi-tech radios yet.... come Jan 1 the whole county has to transfer to a new system though so who know what the new system will prevent.

Joe

Forum Captain
I absolutely hate it when I call dispatch and they reply to me with a *click*...it seems to upset them when I wait for them to actually talk to me before giving them my traffic.

I tend to make it a goal of my day to make the dispatcher laugh or to piss them off, depending on who it is. :p I get bored throughout the day so I'll do a few things like:

-Copying them with the current time like they do.
-I'll mix foreign words into my traffic
-I'll use an accent, not as funny as I thought it would be
-I'll give an oddly exact ETA to the hospital, i.e. 3 minutes 32 seconds.

But the most fun I have with dispatch is mixing movie quotes in...it can be a challenge.

I dont mind the click to copy. I know where my station is after going 10-8.
Now the time thing is absolutely hillarious and i will be doing that next shift!
Yea the accent thing is always funnier in my head. But i have been known to be ruski for the day. Works well with ride alongs.
We dont get alot of wiggle room, theres always a disbitch supe in the office.
There is one guy that can fart on command. Best way to copy traffic, especially when were asked to repeat.

We use 10 codes. Makes it interresting to string together stuff. Example. "Dispatch, be advised we need to 10-11 station 1 to 10-22 our 10-12 were 10-7. We'll 10-21 our 10-8." Basically drop off a ridealong.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I dont mind the click to copy. I know where my station is after going 10-8.
Now the time thing is absolutely hillarious and i will be doing that next shift!
Yea the accent thing is always funnier in my head. But i have been known to be ruski for the day. Works well with ride alongs.
We dont get alot of wiggle room, theres always a disbitch supe in the office.
There is one guy that can fart on command. Best way to copy traffic, especially when were asked to repeat.

We use 10 codes. Makes it interresting to string together stuff. Example. "Dispatch, be advised we need to 10-11 station 1 to 10-22 our 10-12 were 10-7. We'll 10-21 our 10-8." Basically drop off a ridealong.

I just find it disrespectful, they have the time to say two words "medic one"...easy.

Joe

Forum Captain
Oh yea dont get me wrong it isnt hard to say go ahead, or even easier "12" theres only 1 that clicks tho. She gets it back from us too ha!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
After much deliberation, I've decided I'm moving to Vegas for my internship. The opportunity is too good to pass up.

Heck ya dude!

When do you start?

Anjel

Forum Angel
I am so doing the time thing.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
It's snowing...really?