the 100% directionless thread

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
An equally bad sign is everyone standing in a circle with their arms crossed.

Also, google sleep paralysis.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Just knocked out 10 pages of my research paper in an hour and a half. Only 10 or so more pages to go.

Call me sick, but I love writting research papers... I get better grades when they are required...

Anjel

Forum Angel

Very interesting. I am assuming that is what was going on.

The pt just started taking seroquel .....which I took for awhile and had seriously messed up things happening while I slept.... and he had dementia.

So the family freaked.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
I just wish I could write better when not under pressure. It is due Friday.

I HATE writing papers

Exact opposite for me. Love writing them and need a down-to-the-wire deadline. That last minute stress somehow creates better papers for me.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Exact opposite for me. Love writing them and need a down-to-the-wire deadline. That last minute stress somehow creates better papers for me.

I do my best work under pressure at the deadline. If I work on a paper for months vs a few days before it is due. I get better marks on the last min ones.

thought it is a great feeling when you finish

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
I do my best work under pressure at the deadline. If I work on a paper for months vs a few days before it is due. I get better marks on the last min ones.

+1

Writing a thesis currently. Definitely feeling the pressure.

Sounds like fun... finished a term paper last week... spring semester is over for me... gotta wait until summer semester starts next week to fret over a paper... can't wait!

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
Sounds like fun... finished a term paper last week... spring semester is over for me... gotta wait until summer semester starts next week to fret over a paper... can't wait!

More or less the only formidable thing between me and graduating and ultimately graduate school.

silver

Forum Asst. Chief

Reevaluation of American value system to best conform with the universal human right of health care, and a proposal for strategic implementation of community health programs in conjunction with a type of universal insurance as to best fulfill our correlative duties to the right.

Edit: to clarify my degree is in biology though...

Last edited by a moderator:

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Reevaluation of American value system to best conform with the universal human right of health care, and a proposal for strategic implementation of community health programs in conjunction with a type of universal insurance as to best fulfill our correlative duties to the right.

That sounds like fun...

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse

It's absolutely terrifying if you've never had it happen to you.

Havent had a problem with it since we stopped doing 72s

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Today has been an interesting day. STEMI transfer with a frickin hilarious patient, then my partner almost got punched by a patients boyfriend, and to end it, we had homemade lasagna at dispatch. I'm ready for a night of no calls now :p

Sasha

Forum Chief
Very interesting. I am assuming that is what was going on.

The pt just started taking seroquel .....which I took for awhile and had seriously messed up things happening while I slept.... and he had dementia.

So the family freaked.

I freak out when I take my narcotic cough syrup and fall asleep and then wake up and can't move. Then I remember the narcotics make all my limbs feel extra heavy and I can move.

I have also stumbled around on it proclaiming my teeth feel heavy.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Poison ivy, day 4. It's still spreading. I hope I can get to the dr today for some steroids.

I have like 8%tbsa itchy painful awfulness.

MochaRaf

Forum Crew Member
Got a call first thing this morning.

Priority 1 for a possible CVA.

We get there, medics were already on scene. Laughing hysterically and saying the patient was all ours.

We climb the million stairs to his room and he tells us he had a dream that he was paralyzed and when he woke up, he thought he couldn't move. But he can now.

But wanted to go to the hospital just to make sure there was no lasting damage.

Yup. I love my job.

So did he make it? :D

Ditto here, I always get the better grades when I write the paper in the last possible moment. Only downside is that I cannot enjoy the few days prior to the deadline since the paper sits in the back of my mind and I always feel obligated to start it.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
When I'm forced to hold over because the medic that's coming in on the next shift calls in sick, I just get angry. I don't even care about the OT. I just want to go home.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
When I'm forced to hold over because the medic that's coming in on the next shift calls in sick, I just get angry. I don't even care about the OT. I just want to go home.

And that... Is what supervisors should be for.