the 100% directionless thread

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse

Did so!

You are Senor el Calvo Grande, you really sounded like you wanted to work at station 19, so in my mind it fits the parameters of the exchange program.

Bam. ;)

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I have worked about 150 hours in the last two weeks, not a single day off. Havent had a two week pay period with less than 130 hours in about 4 months. And there is no relief in sight.... Ugh... <_<

I feel your pain. I was pulling 84 hr work weeks between school and work and that's time at the hospital or in the box, didn't include commuting, being held over or studying at home.

I've toned it down now to 72 hours per week all ambulance time though between internship 4 days and work 2 days a week.

Fox800

Forum Captain
Staying up late to read the NRP textbook. Figured I'd improve on my weak points (babies).

cynikalkat

Forum Lieutenant
'12 sucks

Ok, this year has sucked. My mom passed away march 20 and now my boyfriend of 3 years & I just broke up then...wait for it...i got called in tonight (this morning?) @ 230 for a psych transport to Brockton. Granted i worked 3-11 today (yesterday) and i actually left on time, but what sucks is i had spent 2 hours fighting w now ex-bf, went to bed @215 and got paged @ 220. sleep? Nope. And, to top it off I'm gonna have to TRY to get a car now...
Ok im done now

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Oh how I love being right :D

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Just got my PCRs audited and I got a 100%. I was also told that I don't have to change anything at all with how I do my PCRs.

On top of that my name goes to our boss which means more then likely I'll be getting some kind of reward lol.

0 write ups, 0 verbal warnings, 1 formal letter from a Fire Chief on a call not in our response area, and 1 patient letter of "excellent care and compassion". My first yearly review is going to look great haha.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Maybe they'll reward you with some brand new knee pads! :D :rofl: ;)

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I have officially run out of things to do, I'm bored.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I love my day off.

I don't love the fact that I have no motivation whatsoever and feel like I get nothing done other than laundry and studying on said day off.

I need to get off my *** and get back to being the active person I was before medic school.

Hopefully I'll be getting my summer job back as a PRN beach guard so I'll be on the beach a decent amount along with being finished with school...for now.

Epi-do

I see dead people
2 observations from my most recent shift (even though I already knew both of them):

1. When your patient asks, "Is this ambulance ALS or BLS?" and knows what it means, they have spent way to much time in the back of one.

2. The only patients that are naked when you show up at the house are the ones you never wanted to see that way.

EMSDude54343

Forum Lieutenant
I feel your pain. I was pulling 84 hr work weeks between school and work and that's time at the hospital or in the box, didn't include commuting, being held over or studying at home.

I've toned it down now to 72 hours per week all ambulance time though between internship 4 days and work 2 days a week.

At least your going to school as part of those hours, mine is straight work. I've been trying to back to school, but it is impossible in the black hole I work in. :wacko: <--- this is how I feel .... :angry:

Thanks for the sympathy though. Our management keeps telling us it will get better, we will work less hours... Ive been hearing that for five years now....

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
You know that you have a frequent flyer in your response area when the Fire Department buys the guy a bicycle helmet due to him having so many seizures and hitting his head. He never leaves home with out it.

He cracked his old helmet in half so the fire department got him a new helmet today haha

Sasha

Forum Chief
Ok, this year has sucked. My mom passed away march 20 and now my boyfriend of 3 years & I just broke up then...wait for it...i got called in tonight (this morning?) @ 230 for a psych transport to Brockton. Granted i worked 3-11 today (yesterday) and i actually left on time, but what sucks is i had spent 2 hours fighting w now ex-bf, went to bed @215 and got paged @ 220. sleep? Nope. And, to top it off I'm gonna have to TRY to get a car now...
Ok im done now

Why did you go in? I would have silenced my phone and rolled over.

Sorry for your loss.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Do all drips work with the clock method?

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
A few months ago, I got a letter from the IRS stating that I owed them $1,000 due to them not being able to verify my educational deductions from 2009. After speaking with them, they said if I could get a receipt from my school, that would suffice.

Funny thing? Yes, my taxes were wrong, but in THEIR favor. The educational expenses were about 3x the amount that I originally put on the tax form. Which means, they should owe me MORE money. :p

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I keep hoping for an RSI or maybe a good trauma. But then I get another crashing patient and I fail them, when will I realize that wishing for bad things to happen is not who I should be. I need a vacation.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
First ambulance shift down here in months and I get a facility complaint for not stopping at admissions.

Whatever. Hadn't even cleared before they called it in.