the 100% directionless thread

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Sorry this is really bugging me.

You have removed and given warnings for things because they are potentially offensive or inflammatory even though no one was offended or inflamed.

Then you leave a thread despite people (more than just me) stating they were offended?

I don't get the logic in that.

So you want us to remove a thread because you find it offensive, but you feel it is perfectly acceptable for you to make offensive, deragatory, and insulting comments about another forum member?

While the number of people that complain about something is taken into our considerations in determining what actions we may or may not take, it is by no means the final or ultimate factor. In the past, the CLs have been accused of being too heavy handed, so we have made an effort to change that. Now we are being accused of not being strict enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
So you want us to remove a thread because you find it offensive, but you feel it is perfectly acceptable for you to make offensive, deragatory, and insulting comments about another forum member?

While the number of people that complain about something is taken into our considerations in determining what actions we may or may not take, it is by no means the final or ultimate factor. In the past, the CLs have been accused of being too heavy handed, so we have made an effort to change that. Now we are being accused of not being strict enough.

That is not it at all. In the past and present you remove things because they MIGHT be offensive. Now you leave something that people have complained is offensive.

My comment wasn't directed at R99 though I understand how it could be seen as that. It was a random post, which are all over the directionless thread.

Of course your gender is not the one being slammed, really. It isn't implied that your life goal is to find a spouse who can give you enough money to make you happy. As someone who works her butt off in a prediomently male field, I find that incredibly offensive.

Then again you don't have the snide comments from patients about how you shouldn't be doing a male job or you're only here looking for a husband etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

R99

Forum Lieutenant
To clarify my last comment was because id just copped a severe gob full of abuse from the family ... jeez try and help somebody, some people can't seem to appreciate when they've got something in their favour going on

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

Epi-do

I see dead people
You are 25 years old and have hemorrhoids. It is approximately 1:00 a.m. Rather than wreck havok on society, breaking multiple laws in the process, you and your home boyz have opted to chill at your crib for the night. Amazingly, no one becomes drunk, high, or otherwise impaired.

Sitting on the street, in front of your humble abode, as well as in your driveway, are multiple ghettosleds. They all appear to be in working condition.

Those hemorrhoids you've got? They have been bothering you for the last 14 hours. After a bowel movement some 6-8 hours ago, the irritation became worse, and you are no longer able to stand it.

Naturally, the only logical thing to do in this situation is to call 911 for an ambulance and head to the ER.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Uh oh somebody is displaying well roundness and culturalism

Youre just going to try and pick up chicks aren't you :D

On a related note I recently found out that the best day to meet pretty girls at a dog park is shortly after the super bowl starts on super bowl sunday. Got a phone number and three face books.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
You are 25 years old and have hemorrhoids. It is approximately 1:00 a.m. Rather than wreck havok on society, breaking multiple laws in the process, you and your home boyz have opted to chill at your crib for the night. Amazingly, no one becomes drunk, high, or otherwise impaired.

Sitting on the street, in front of your humble abode, as well as in your driveway, are multiple ghettosleds. They all appear to be in working condition.

Those hemorrhoids you've got? They have been bothering you for the last 14 hours. After a bowel movement some 6-8 hours ago, the irritation became worse, and you are no longer able to stand it.

Naturally, the only logical thing to do in this situation is to call 911 for an ambulance and head to the ER.

Love this! Also dig the term "ghettosled". I will be stealing that.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

Well written reminds me of the old gum shoe novels.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
My poor car is sick...it came down with C. Diff :(

447621ea-8fb3-b073.jpg

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
In class tonight... Got tomorrow off... going to sleep... A LOT!!!

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Going to a huge event with 20 fields running simultaneously with four EMTs on shift this weekend. Been hearing all the way up to this point that we were going to have golf carts to respond in. Schweet. Get my event sheet, "There will be three golf carts for the event, Adam, you will be on foot since you have the smallest response area"

Blast and damnation! I'm still running 5 fields... :glare:

At least I'll get a workout this weekend!

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
So, once you're done with school you can't blame your GPS if you get lost?

GPS just sends you where Mountain Res-Q programs it to send you.