the 100% directionless thread

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Get well soon.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
He is in ultrasound right now, the docs changed their minds and now think it's his gallbladder. Surgery either tomorrow or Monday.

I hope it's today. Might as well get it over with, right?

He's in our thoughts.

R99

Forum Lieutenant
Well its 3am

A crew thought it was a good idea calling for backup as this person in VT clearly needed "adenosine". Oh how far medical knowledge wouldo go

The dispatcher thought it a good idea to ignore the caller saying her child had a sore throat and type in the passing comment of "chest pain" so what does MPDS do? Send us lights and sirens for "cardiac". Oh how far some medical knowledge would go.

Somebody thinks its a good idea to let their 7 year old daughter up on the roof while they are fixing it, next minute your kid is GCS 3 with severe TBI needing RSI after falling onto concrete

A crew thinks its a good idea to call for backup despite the hospital being very close and there being no specific intervention this, patient requires. Oh how far medical knowledge would go

Some people should not be allowed to think

Now its 3am and I'm tired so I'm going to sleep and nobody better disturb me or im going to get out the suxamethonium

Oh and I hope your friend gets better

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Nothing worse than rolling off a 24 late then having to run to class without a chance to shower

Last edited by a moderator:

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
A couple hours working on snowmobiles and restocking my medical gear for the weekend... and now sitting... and sitting... and... wait.... no..... still sitting...

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
We got a tour of the Chester County 911 center last night. Great way to break up the lecture on communication and documentation.

I hope you enjoyed it. It is a pretty 911 center. With some very special people. And behind door "026" off of the main dispatch floor is our ARES/RACES room.

Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Last edited by a moderator:

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Just got put on a clear liquid diet, and I have never seen anyone so happy for jello. They were hoping to get him into surgery sometime today, but looks like it won't happen until tomorrow.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Just logged on to my bank account to find 2 fraudulent charges from my debit card, one from NC the other from VA.

The odd thing? Today is the 15th...one of the charges is for tomorrow, the 16th.

I called and told USAA that my time machine wasn't currently working so I don't know how I made a purchase tomorrow.

Oh well, USAA rocks and they fixed it.

You caught those?

Crap...

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Apparently getting shot 5 times isn't conducive to living.

Idk if it was that or the nursing students CPR... :p don't look at me, I was the drug man. In hospital codes are a total custerfluck

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Just a heads up for those who might care, USAFMedic45 is in the hospital with suspected appendicitis.

Crap hope he makes a quick recovery. Don't worry he's too grumpy to stay down long. I'm sure he'll be up and telling the nurses how poorly they do their jobs in no time.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
This is less than a mile from me....
http://www.mysuncoast.com/content/n...od-Ranch-standoff/qRbyV__uF06OTdo9gqg91A.cspx

MANATEE COUNTY - Authorities are on the scene of a house in the Summerfield Place neighborhood where a man reportedly has threatened to kill himself and burn the house down.

The house is in the 11200 block of Parkside Place in Lakewood Ranch.

Authorities on the scene say they received a call from a woman in the home who said a man in the house had poured gasoline around the house and is threatening to kill himself.

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
Apparently getting shot 5 times isn't conducive to living.

Idk if it was that or the nursing students CPR... :p don't look at me, I was the drug man. In hospital codes are a total custerfluck

Its a miracle anyone survives codes in a hospital. Even in the ER, they don't know how to run it without ignoring BLS entirely.