the 100% directionless thread

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
oh saw a textbook heat stroke yesterday for the first time. Crazy stuff.

ETA: What kind of BP would you expect on a heat stroke case. Baseline was normal, prior to the cluster seizures, and that struck me as weird

If they are hot, red and dry, I would expect normal or hypertensive.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I was just twirling in the shower and catching water in my mouth.

I'm determined to be able to do the water fountain thing uncle joey did.

I was getting some water accidentally took a deep breath. My face is still read from choking to death. lol

My roomate was standing at the door yelling asking if I was ok and saying she really didn't wanna come in the bathroom lol

I'm special.

I fell and skinned my knee, tripping over a line in the sidewalk while I was running yesterday.

Then I tripped over my feet and almost fell down in front of everybody on a fire scene.

I'm right behind you, lol.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I was just twirling in the shower and catching water in my mouth.

I'm determined to be able to do the water fountain thing uncle joey did.

I was getting some water accidentally took a deep breath. My face is still read from choking to death. lol

My roomate was standing at the door yelling asking if I was ok and saying she really didn't wanna come in the bathroom lol

I'm special.

Today I ran around in my antimicrobial socks sliding and "skating" across the freshly mopped tile floor 'til I slid into a door.

You are not the only special one here.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Today I ran around in my antimicrobial socks sliding and "skating" across the freshly mopped tile floor 'til I slid into a door.

You are not the only special one here.
If you're special, but surrounded by special people, is it really special any more?

/had plenty of moments that has confirmed his special-ness.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Got an interview with an IFT company soon.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief

Antimicrobial socks? WTF? Do you put unconstituted ceftriaxone powder in your shoes or something?

crazycajun

Forum Captain
Antimicrobial socks? WTF? Do you put unconstituted ceftriaxone powder in your shoes or something?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
I fell and skinned my knee, tripping over a line in the sidewalk while I was running yesterday.

Then I tripped over my feet and almost fell down in front of everybody on a fire scene.

I'm right behind you, lol.

This makes me not feel so bad for tripping over a set of median wires on the interstate and face planting in front the fire dept, patient and all the stopped traffic.

Sent from my electronic overbearing life controller

Sasha

Forum Chief

No i bought them from walmart and they were listed as antimicrobial. I bought them because there was like ten pairs to a pack for five bucks and theyre thick and comfy. Best socks i ever bought.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

emt for life

Forum Crew Member
Contact with MRSA patient

I just got done running a call with a MRSA patient I have washed my hands four times and took a shower. Should I be ok?

Sasha

Forum Chief
I just got done running a call with a MRSA patient I have washed my hands four times and took a shower. Should I be ok?

No its too late! The MRSA is in your pores! Youre screwed!

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
This makes me not feel so bad for tripping over a set of median wires on the interstate and face planting in front the fire dept, patient and all the stopped traffic.

Sent from my electronic overbearing life controller

I don't know. I saved myself from my fall. You fell. You're getting the trophy.

Were you in gear?

Shishkabob

Forum Chief

Hey, guess what... you're around MRSA daily and have a decent chance of already having it on your body as it is.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

I personally wipe my whole body down with the bleach wipes that are in the ambulance. That stuff kills everything.

Kidding btw

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
My dads ICU nurse is so young I wasn't sure if I should shake her hand or give her a nickel so she could go get a gum ball.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
My dads ICU nurse is so young I wasn't sure if I should shake her hand or give her a nickel so she could go get a gum ball.

A gum ball is a much better choice then a hand shake haha