the 100% directionless thread

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Awesome engage the addy I'll ad you to the list of blogs I bookmark and intend to read but never quite get around to reading because I'm to busy posting random things on emtlife

I figured I was the only one that bookmarked a bunch of blogs with the intent to read them and then never got around to it :p

SeanEddy

Forum Lieutenant
Of no use to me since only another medic can take my spot :sad:

Atleast when an EMT takes off, another EMT, Intermediate or Paramedic can work that spot, which is what happened yesterday. My partner called off, and I worked with an EMT for an hour, an Intermediate for 10 hours, and a Paramedic the rest of the night.

If my interview goes well in a couple weeks, then I'll pickup all the shifts you want :)

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I have really become someone! I am now quoted in someones signature. Bwahahaha!!!

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I have really become someone! I am now quoted in someones signature. Bwahahaha!!!

Please use your new found godlike powers only for good for remember with power comes responsibility.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Please stop throwing away the stretchers. They are REUSUABLE!

283322_1849226271496_1265880042_31582104_259236_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Anjel

Forum Angel
Not entirely sure what I was on when trying to spell reusable. lol sorry

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
At least the night I decide to get a migraine is the night we have a paramedic doing clearing rides.

Sent from my electronic overbearing life controller

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

Asimurk

Forum Captain
Triazolam, did I spell that right?

Today is going to be fuuuun. Too bad I'm not supposed to remember it. Bye bye wisdom teeth, I'll miss youuuuuu.

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
Apparently some firefighters in Chelsea MA are armed. That just took my by surprise a couple minutes ago. Dude was open carrying a glock. Maybe some sort of arson investigator/FF? Does anyone else have armed FFs in a local FD?

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Apparently some firefighters in Chelsea MA are armed. That just took my by surprise a couple minutes ago. Dude was open carrying a glock. Maybe some sort of arson investigator/FF? Does anyone else have armed FFs in a local FD?

Most of the fire investigators I've seen here and in Alabama were sworn law enforcement as well as fire fighters and carried. To be able to investigate and make arrests it was a requirement.

Sent from my electronic overbearing life controller

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Our arson division is all put through the entire city PD academy before they're sent for their arson training. They're officially still under Fire, but they consider themselves PD

SeanEddy

Forum Lieutenant

Our arson investigators are also sworn peace officers and are armed. However, you never see them on an engine crew...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

Our deputy chief is armed with a handgun and will usually have a shotgun and 1 other rifle in this truck.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Our deputy chief is armed with a handgun and will usually have a shotgun and 1 other rifle in this truck.

In case he's attacked first by a guy with a flaming knife then a quail carrying a moltov cocktail then a deer dipped in kerosene?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Buddy of mine works for the nm DHS as an arson investigator and is an armed, sworn LEO

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
In case he's attacked first by a guy with a flaming knife then a quail carrying a moltov cocktail then a deer dipped in kerosene?

Exactly. That is a normal thing in these parts haha

8jimi8

CFRN
Recently got dragged into some work drama, surrounding assignments following the admission of highly acute critical patient.

in the weeks following the incident on our unit, many rumors flew around between night and day shift.

the director called me into her office to take my side of the story.

I left the office knowing that my director doesn't want me to leave the unit and also with the knowledge that she and I are on the same page and the rumors are seen for exactly what they are.

Now then... my manager may get fired... holy smokes.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Looks like possibly heading to Beaumont Texas on Sunday to start a round of testing on Monday!