Our schedule was 6a - 6p or 6p - 6a.

4 Nights
4 Off
3 Days
3 Night
4 Off
4 Days
6 Off

I hated the 3 + 3. So tired afterward. But the six day vacation every month was sweet!

The one thing that sucks is that I never know until Week A what 3 days of week B I will be working.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Honestly, I hate 24/48s, but we also don't get Kelly's which means we have to take a day off to get any real rest. Straight 24/48s means you get home late one morning, sleep in once, then have to go to bed early the next night and wake up early against because of work.

I much prefer 12s with 3 on, 4 off, 4 on, 3 off.

Emma

Forum Lieutenant
About to drive the 9hrs from DC back to my parent's in Ohio. Grrrr. PA takes for freaking ever. At least it has mountains!

Anjel

Forum Angel
Drove on a code today for the first time. Lol very cool. I felt important :p

Anjel

Forum Angel

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
She will blow your mind. Music duo named Karmin... pretty good covers and GREAT original music (look for "23" by them)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khCokQt--l4[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
But all that you miss, the peace and quiet, beautiful sunrise, no competition for the couch, the first cup of coffee, the birds chirping, no animals bellowing for breakfast yet.
Morning are the best part of the day........ most daysB)

Oh no no no....

Nothing like the peace and quiet of a house after everyone else has turned in, crickets chirping outside, no animal bellowing at all (Cause my cow starts wanting breakfast about 0400 in the summer.) Nothing like a clear night sky with a billion stars and a sliver of a moon. A cup of homemade peach ice cream.

Night is where it is at. :p

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
What's this quiet stuff everyone is talking about? I have toddlers, meaning it's noisy from when they wake me up till we fall asleep..,

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
If the patient is stable, why are you sending them to an ER?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
If the patient is stable, why are you sending them to an ER?

Odviously for the money haha.

Our company now wants us to make photo copies of the patients medical insurance card.