the 100% directionless thread

CAO

Forum Lieutenant
Am I a bad person for looking forward to when my class starts to dwindle?

I mean seriously...you refuse to practice basic skills with the class because you already know all about it, but you can't do a simple drug calculation?

[/mini rant]

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Nope, not at all.

I rather liked when some were dropped from my medic class, because, in general, they were ones I didn't want touching me as a Paramedic, let alone an EMT in some cases.

mct601

RN/NRP

CAO

Forum Lieutenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linuss
Nope, not at all.

I rather liked when some were dropped from my medic class, because, in general, they were ones I didn't want touching me as a Paramedic, let alone an EMT in some cases.

Absolutely agreed with this.

Good. I'm hoping the test tomorrow might scare off a few of them.

I'm sorry, but when I'm working on skills, standing on the dummy is not assisting me.

angels.girl84

Forum Crew Member
Good. I'm hoping the test tomorrow might scare off a few of them.

I'm sorry, but when I'm working on skills, standing on the dummy is not assisting me.

This reminds me of when we were doing trauma assessments & the girl holding in line stabilization dropped her gum onto the "patients" face.... He sat right up lol

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
This reminds me of when we were doing trauma assessments & the girl holding in line stabilization dropped her gum onto the "patients" face.... He sat right up lol

And that right there is a perfect example of why my basic instructor banned gum during class altogether.

CAO

Forum Lieutenant
Same in our class, though I think for us it goes along with the professionalism. Clinicals, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
How about banning stupid people who can't seem to realize that during a practical situation it's wrong? Gum during lecture? Shouldn't be a problem. Gum while practicing with "patients?" Bad idea.

CAO

Forum Lieutenant
Oooh...I'm going to have to go with the stupid ban.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Hmph.

Texas vs OU game on Saturday. They need a Paramedic to work it.

Debating if I want to make a couple hundred dollars at a football game, or keep off like scheduled, and go play paintball which I haven't done since June.

Darnit.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Since I'm going paintballing on Saturday, I vote shooting people as well :)

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Dude! Go for the ball game. Unless you hate football that is.... :-|

In other news, I am currently sitting in the dentists office waiting to get a filling. Oh joy!!!

Sassafras

Forum Captain
Dude! Go for the ball game. Unless you hate football that is.... :-|

In other news, I am currently sitting in the dentists office waiting to get a filling. Oh joy!!!
I feel your pain. I've needed extensive work done this time.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I vote paintballing.

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
Hmph.

Texas vs OU game on Saturday. They need a Paramedic to work it.

Debating if I want to make a couple hundred dollars at a football game, or keep off like scheduled, and go play paintball which I haven't done since June.

Darnit.

HELLO!!! TX/OU game!!!!! Fights, Rivals, Blood, Guts and Glory!! DO IT!