the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Hey I'm up to almost half as many posts as Linuss finally :p

CAO

Forum Lieutenant
I woke up with a bit of a fever, and I reached for my textbook to review the patho before taking anything for it.

...I'm not right.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
I woke up with a bit of a fever, and I reached for my textbook to review the patho before taking anything for it.

...I'm not right.

Yeah, I'm sick right now too and drive my boyfriend nuts because I whine about feeling crummy due to the fever but won't take anything unless it gets very high.

I also won't take pseudoephedrine since I'm super sensitive to it - it has made me hallucinate in the past and always provokes some kind of acute restless leg syndrome when I try to sleep.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Sad part is you've been a part of this forum for a year longer. :unsure:
Yea... but I have gone away a few times for several months each :p

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Just got off the phone from a phone interview with Guardian EMS in Abilene. It went well, but his county only has PT openings :( He's forwarding my application and comments to several other counties that are looking for FT EMT-Is. We'll see how it goes.
I also applied as Satan for Denver AMR... Er... I mean dispatcher.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
You live near Linuss and you're worried about HIM instead?

I just moved, I lived less than 5 minutes away from Linuss... He's harmless. Plus I can beat him up, Lights is more manly... I could hold my own, but have more of a struggle!

Speaking of neighbors... Have you been to the new HEB yet Linuss?

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Wait wait wait... you can beat ME up? Lights is more manly?

The heck? You JUST moved to within 5 minutes of me, don't make me hunt your new place down and TP it. I have no qualms with walking down Wilshire!

HEB the store? No. I hate that they built a new stoplight there that serves no other purpose than slow me down before Wilshire, and as such I'm boycotting HEB. Why, is it good? I tend to just go to Walmart at 3am so I can avoid all the white trailer trash that exists in Burleson and Crowley.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
Wait wait wait... you can beat ME up? Lights is more manly?

The heck? You JUST moved to within 5 minutes of me, don't make me hunt your new place down and TP it. I have no qualms with walking down Wilshire!

HEB the store? No. I hate that they built a new stoplight there that serves no other purpose than slow me down before Wilshire, and as such I'm boycotting HEB. Why, is it good? I tend to just go to Walmart at 3am so I can avoid all the white trailer trash that exists in Burleson and Crowley.

I will just run you over. No shame. Like I told you, was raised not to hit girls, therefore your safe.
Yes, the store. I've been by there, haven't been in it. I loved the HEB in Cleburne but it's always SOOOO packed. I'd have to jack someone up. Thanks for the Wal-Mart info, I will FIND you.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Meh, I'm not at Walmart every week, just every couple when I stock up on Oreos and Lunchables for work. ;) So you don't know which day I'll be there this week!

What's to "love" about a grocery store? Do they give random $100 bills to people just for walking in?

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
Meh, I'm not at Walmart every week, just every couple when I stock up on Oreos and Lunchables for work. ;) So you don't know which day I'll be there this week!

What's to "love" about a grocery store? Do they give random $100 bills to people just for walking in?

Savings, cheap prices, and huge selection. They are the only store I have found here in Texas that carries certain items from South Carolina. That's what I love.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Hey Steph, Linuss: Does TX have their own minimum wage rate or do they use Federal? I'm curious cause I just talked to a small ambulance service that wouldn't give me a figure for hourly rate, they just said working 36 hours a week I'd only be making about $150/week... Sounds really fishy to me.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
before taxes for 36 hours/week that's $270... I can't imagine having almost half of that taken out in taxes...