the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Why does Colorado have to be so damned infuriating about licensure?!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
More apps sent out. Monitor Tech, Armed security, Dispatcher... I'll take anything right now so I can get sorted out then.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I think I'll start applying within the next week or 2. All I have left is taking my registry so I might as well get started.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Meh, got called in for a Unit Coordinator shift at the hospital. Great thing is I will be getting paid to do my NIMS 100, 200, and 700 :D

EDIT: Oh ya, it's also all OT :)

Medic744

Forum Captain
I learned several valuable lessons today.

1. Protocols are only good with common sense and basic knowledge, if not combined it gets you suspended (not me!)

2. The size of your pt will be in direct proportion to how small their vehicle is.

3. Dispatch will screw up when the majority of dispatch have no previous experience and then will proceed to blame their mistake on you.

4. The sleepier you are the longer it will take for you to be able to go to sleep because the rest of the crew is watching a movie very loudly on the other side of the wall from you.

IM SOOOO SLEEPY!!!!!

8jimi8

CFRN
earplugs FTW! all your acoustic intrusion are belong to us!!11!!

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
The sleepier you are the longer it will take for you to be able to go to sleep because the rest of the crew is watching a movie very loudly on the other side of the wall from you.

Constant problem at our HQ station for me; I've tried earplugs, but then I can't hear the tones. It's a trade-off though, because the others crews complain that my snoring keeps them awake. They maintain that the sound on the the TV is low enough, and I claim that I don't snore. What a happy crowd we are at 3 a.m....lol

Medic744

Forum Captain
Constant problem at our HQ station for me; I've tried earplugs, but then I can't hear the tones. It's a trade-off though, because the others crews complain that my snoring keeps them awake. They maintain that the sound on the the TV is low enough, and I claim that I don't snore. What a happy crowd we are at 3 a.m....lol

I will be glad when we are in our new station where the common room wont be on the other side of a very thin wall and my bed.

EmmaSlim09

Forum Lieutenant
Leaving for Ft. Worth soon. Tuff Hedeman's Bull Riding Championship Challenge and Stoney Larue concert tonight. :p

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
8jimi8 is staying at my place tonight since it's the halfway point for a trip for him.

If I wake up dead, you guys know who did it.

8jimi8

CFRN
Ok I officially didn't mUrder Linuss. Btw thanks for th true hospitality!! He even shared his women, can't ask for more than that!

Tyler junior college bound, final psychomotor exam!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Two more weeks and then I move! These last days at work are going to DRAG by

emt_angel25

Forum Lieutenant
one week and 2.5 days and i will be on a plane to sunny florida!!! whoo hoo!!!

Medic744

Forum Captain
Looking forward to the call from our Director that is sure to come tomorrow after he receives the irrate voicemail left for him over the weekend. Has nothing to actually do with us, just dispatch, but Im pretty sure that all of their screw ups are going to lead to me filing a report so we are covered. I hate paperwork that is pointless. Oh yeah and I am seriously contemplating putting in an app to work for the citys dispatch, but am really afraid that I may be over qualified. I can read, write, answer a phone, and read a key map all at the same time so I should be hired on as supervisor, lol.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Right now I am chilling on an Airbus 319 at 40000 feet. The bird is brand new and has wifi built in. At last the airlines are catching up!:p