the 100% directionless thread

JPINFV

Gadfly
I have no clue how he's going to do half the things he's now promising. What ever he's high on, I'd really enjoy a toke of it.

emt_angel25

Forum Lieutenant
i got tired of watching i changed the channel!

JPINFV

Gadfly
the_week_17031_27.jpg

Cory

Forum Captain
Has he blamed Bush once tonight? Why don't you actually open your ears for five seconds and listen. If you did, you would've heard, "Cops, firefighters, and first responders" and you wouldn't be *****ing about anything right now. Seriously, he mentioned you, you just didn't hear it. If you don't believe me, then watch it online once it's uploaded.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Imagine the outrage if it had been "Cops, paramedics, and first responders." Additionally, if you didn't see the multiple times where he blamed Bush, you weren't watching the SOTU past the first 5 minutes.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Has he blamed Bush once tonight? Why don't you actually open your ears for five seconds and listen. If you did, you would've heard, "Cops, firefighters, and first responders" and you wouldn't be *****ing about anything right now. Seriously, he mentioned you, you just didn't hear it. If you don't believe me, then watch it online once it's uploaded.

He blamed us instead of Bush??? Now its our fault! For once will Obama take responsibility.

JPINFV

Gadfly
You deny that firehouse.com wouldn't be up in arms over being left out if it was the other way around? How about the police organizations? Is it really childish to be wondering when the third major emergency service is going to be recognized at a federal level instead of being lumped into an amorphous third group?

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
The only things I hate worse than politics are politicians. Accordingly, I'm avoiding the State of the Union like the plague. :)

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
The only things I hate worse than politics are politicians. Accordingly, I'm avoiding the State of the Union like the plague. :)

Lets form a club!

In my humble opinion, having a good politician is like having dry water. Sorry folks, ain't gonna happen.

There are two things I really love; How nothing is it the fault of the Obama admin, and all these lovely things he (Obama) is going to do. He might as well blame Bush for the weather and promise to eat Mt. Everest while he is in office. Every time I hear him speak, my first thought is Oh gag me!

VFFforpeople

Forum Captain
I am so bummed. After not taking any college classes in several years, I had scheduled myself in for two classes this semester, which started today... Cardiology (again, because after 9 years, I forget and just wanted to go again) and a Ropes class (focusing more on the climbing side than the rescue side). Both are cancelled... one for budget reasons... the other for low class size. :sad: I was so looking forward to them...

I hear ya I signed up for HazMat B-D and it was cancelled :/ and the college now doesnt offer RS1 or swiftwater anymore.

VFFforpeople

Forum Captain
Lets form a club!

In my humble opinion, having a good politician is like having dry water. Sorry folks, ain't gonna happen.

There are two things I really love; How nothing is it the fault of the Obama admin, and all these lovely things he (Obama) is going to do. He might as well blame Bush for the weather and promise to eat Mt. Everest while he is in office. Every time I hear him speak, my first thought is Oh gag me!

Copy that, I just see failure when I see him..and that smile...ya I dont see me having any form of paid medical/fire job anytime soon.

emt_angel25

Forum Lieutenant
have a great day all.....off to work for the next 24. yay!!! bad weather + stupid drivers= a long a** day for me!!!

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Copy that, I just see failure when I see him..and that smile...ya I dont see me having any form of paid medical/fire job anytime soon.

I have ALWAYS viewed Obama as the 21st century version of Kennedy. No substance, no actual experience, and no use. The only reason he was elected is because he's charismatic... just like Kennedy.

Cory

Forum Captain
You deny that firehouse.com wouldn't be up in arms over being left out if it was the other way around? How about the police organizations? Is it really childish to be wondering when the third major emergency service is going to be recognized at a federal level instead of being lumped into an amorphous third group?

Yes, I think its childish. What do most 911 response ambulances in this country say real big on the side? "FIRE DEPARTMENT" What do a lot of EMT's and medics have written on their shirt's in big block letters? "FIRE"

Yeah, I think its childish that you would complain about something like that. You seem to think that just because you aren't mentioned, no one cares/knows about you. But you're obviously wrong. So why does it matter? And are you really going to say that the federal government doesn't recognize EMS as an American service, simply because you were left out at one point in the President's speech? Thats rediculous.

And again, how many people do you think are unaware of what EMS stands for? Well, from my experience, there are a lot of adults who don't know, and especially teens and children. Many people just say fire department.

JPINFV

Gadfly
And again, how many people do you think are unaware of what EMS stands for? Well, from my experience, there are a lot of adults who don't know, and especially teens and children. Many people just say fire department.

Exactly, and it doesn't help that the myth that EMS=fire department is reinforced at the highest level of US governance. As long as EMS is under the thumb of an organization who believes that paramedics don't need any education, I consider that a huge problem. A lot of EMS providers are not, nor want to be members of the fire department and to lump them into a group that, in large part, has no want of EMS past more funding is a huge disservice.

reaper

Working Bum
Yes, I think its childish. What do most 911 response ambulances in this country say real big on the side? "FIRE DEPARTMENT" What do a lot of EMT's and medics have written on their shirt's in big block letters? "FIRE"

Yeah, I think its childish that you would complain about something like that. You seem to think that just because you aren't mentioned, no one cares/knows about you. But you're obviously wrong. So why does it matter? And are you really going to say that the federal government doesn't recognize EMS as an American service, simply because you were left out at one point in the President's speech? Thats rediculous.

Funny, 90% of the ones around me say "County EMS" on the side!

Not everything is this country is run like your system!;)

Shishkabob

Forum Chief

Actually, only about a third of EMS is provided by fire departments. Want to try again?