the 100% directionless thread

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
Hello from Washington DC! I is having a great time here. Used to live here years ago and it is pretty cool to be able to vist again. And DC EMS has run more calls past my hotel room tonight then my service runs in a month!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh yes, almost forgot. I AM FINALLY AN EMT-I!!!!!!! Just heard from my instructor recently.

I love DC. Kinda hoping I wind up getting to live there again someday.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
So... why are you living in the Sierras again? :p

That is like saying...

"You hate coconuts... so why are you living in Hawaii?" or
"You hate rats... so why are you living in New York?" or
"You hate toxic waste... so why are you living in New Jersey?" okay... bad example... ^_^

There is more to the sierras than just snow and snow is found elsewhere in the world. On the other hand, it isn't that I hate the snow on the ground (heck I am built for snow and can be found walking around in flip flops and a tank top on the snow), but I hate when it snows, when wind accompanies snow, or the mass stupidity that comes with snow; and by that I mean all the morons that are out and about in the snow causing problems, particularly the dumb-azz Flat-Flander tourists... :glare:

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
That is like saying...

"You hate toxic waste... so why are you living in New Jersey?" okay... bad example... ^_^

There is more to the sierras than just snow and snow is found elsewhere in the world. On the other hand, it isn't that I hate the snow on the ground (heck I am built for snow and can be found walking around in flip flops and a tank top on the snow), but I hate when it snows, when wind accompanies snow, or the mass stupidity that comes with snow; and by that I mean all the morons that are out and about in the snow causing problems, particularly the dumb-azz Flat-Flander tourists... :glare:
i thought you lived for people doing dumb things Mo. especially if whatever bad decision they make, results in them getting lost

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
That is like saying...

I hate people, yet I like living in the city.

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape

Doesn't help. I still don't get you people up there who talk about how much you hate snow. In fact, I don't get anyone who hates real snow. :p

Can't argue with hating the tourists, though. Even when I'm a tourist, I hate tourists.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
i thought you lived for people doing dumb things Mo. especially if whatever bad decision they make, results in them getting lost

Love stupid people when their stupidity lets me have fun... hate stupid people when their stupidity makes my life harder.

i.e. Snowmobilers nose dive into creek at 6000 feet in the middle of a Christmas Eve Snowstorm (actually happened) and spend the night freezing in the creek, unable to get the snowmobiles out or even climb out of the snow bogged ravine: FUN!!! (For me, not them) Morons driving at 55mph on black ice when the restictions are R2 (snowtires and 4WD required) and the speed limit is 25becasue they have an H2 and think that a big azz 4WD piece of crap compensates for a brain, only to cause a pile up on only road leading to the high country and bringing the entire county's traffic to the ski resorts to a hault for hours (again happens... A LOT): NOT FUN.

Worse than that of course is just the everyday general stupdity. You can not walk your dog and children down the middle of a 55mph highway just beacuse you are on vacation. You can not stop in the middle of the highway to put on chains on a blind corner. You can not sled on my property just because I have snow and pine trees here. You can not stop in the middle of the road so that you can try to have a photo op with the migrating dear. You can not park on the highway to play with your kids in the snow. You can not actually sled on the highway just because it has a sloop. You can not drive 5 miles an hour with chains on when the road is dry and you have a line of 100 cars behind you. You can not drive 65 mph on a road that is in summer only 55mph and is currently completely iced over. You can not yell at me for barely missing running over your child when she is building a snowman in the middle of a 55mph road. :glare:

Doesn't help. I still don't get you people up there who talk about how much you hate snow. In fact, I don't get anyone who hates real snow. :p

Can't argue with hating the tourists, though. Even when I'm a tourist, I hate tourists.

Again... it isn't so much the snow that I hate... I hate the issues that winter (and snow) bring... like driving for hours in it on the same roads occupied by even "I'm an American and it is my right to drive like an idiot" moron... or dealing with power lines down and no electricity for days... or shoveling the driveway... or dealing with any of the above issues that are all about the friggin Flat-Landers whom natural selection should have picked off before they could reproduce, except for the fact that our society encourages the survival of the week... -_-

Last edited by a moderator:

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
You can not walk your dog and children down the middle of a 55mph highway just beacuse you are on vacation; I will not slow down! You can not stop in the middle of the highway to put on chains on a blind corner. You can not sled on my property just because I have snow and pine trees here. You can not stop in the middle of the road so that you can try to have a photo op with the migrating dear. You can not park on the highway to play with your kids in the snow. You can not actually sled on the highway just because it has a sloop. You can not drive 5 miles an hour with chains on when the road is dry and you have a line of 100 cars behind you. You can not drive 65 mph on a road that is in summer only 55mph and is currently completely iced over. You can not yell at me for barely miss running over your child when she is building a snowman in the middle of a 55mph road. :glare:

But... but... I'm special and this is my magical winter wonderland!

Why, you ask? Because I'm from the rest of California so I've never ever seen snow before! And your dinky little town depends on my tourist revenue, so you should all like me! And I have children, and telling them no means they'll grow up with depression!

Yeah, I don't envy you those types. :p

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
But... but... I'm special and this is my magical winter wonderland!

Why, you ask? Because I'm from the rest of California so I've never ever seen snow before! And your dinky little town depends on my tourist revenue, so you should all like me! And I have children, and telling them no means they'll grow up with depression!

Yeah, I don't envy you those types. :p

Quote: "But this the first time we see white dirt, ese!"

What really sucks is that I can not avoid this since my winter gig invloves a lot of time deal with these strange situations and stupid mentalities. Unfortunately I have to wear two hats at work: Manager and EMT. As an EMT dealing with these morons is fine... they are patients and get treated as such; getting the best care you can above 6000 feet with ALS 60-90 minutes away. As a Manager Ii have to deal with every issue involving these morons. While I try to be nice (initially), I also have the title of "zero tolerance for stupid" manager and hold the record for most customers kicked out of the park every year. I just can not stand stupid, and stupid is what winter and snow brings to my county... at least in summer, the flat landers are kind enough to drown themselves on the lakes, away from me...

wyoskibum

Forum Captain
Gotta love the East Coast......

We get a lousy 4" of snow last night and they close all of the schools, people are spinning out and sliding off the roads. Crazy......

When I was in Wyoming, I think we had to get a least 2 feet of snow before they would close the schools. ;-D

flhtci01

Forum Captain
A foot of Sierra cement to shovel and I am in the Midwest. :sad:

Sasha

Forum Chief
I think I aspirated my muffin.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Still cold here and there are a lot of dumb azz drivers that should not be allowed to walk on snow and ice, much less drive. I swear, I almost got plowed into today by a dozen cars with drivers that had issues staying on their side of the road and obeying stop signs. I wish to God I didn't have to leave the house and deal with the fools... However, have to recert and what not before December 31, so I had no choice...

See the insanity from today...
b.900.700.0.0.stories.newStories.121009%20wreck%20school%20bus%20big%20hill.jpg

R.O.P.

Forum Crew Member
Hey ResQ, speaking of snow in the Sierras- My mother-in-law lives SE of Placerville, at about 3500' elevation. The times I've been there, it seems like the locals are either drunk alcoholics or recovering alcoholics (what is it with that elevation?). She said yesterday that they've been snowed in for 3 days now, and that the mail is coming via "pony express".
Do you know anything about that? Is that for real, or is it just another drunkard on a horse out collecting mail?
Still, snow sounds nice. Nothing but rocks around here. :lol:

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey ResQ, speaking of snow in the Sierras- My mother-in-law lives SE of Placerville, at about 3500' elevation. The times I've been there, it seems like the locals are either drunk alcoholics or recovering alcoholics (what is it with that elevation?). She said yesterday that they've been snowed in for 3 days now, and that the mail is coming via "pony express".
Do you know anything about that? Is that for real, or is it just another drunkard on a horse out collecting mail?
Still, snow sounds nice. Nothing but rocks around here. :lol:

Placerville, huh? A few hours north of me, but same basic geography, only they do tend to get about 10-20% more snow than we do at the same elevations. Down here the alcoholism knows no elevation... we, uh, I mean, they live everywhere... :p

I know nothing of your "pony express". Why not use horse when the roads are crap? Or a snowmo? Down here the mail didn't even run on Monday or Tuesday. Odd, considering their slogan "Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor hail shall keep the postmen from their appointed rounds". BS, if you ask me. All I know is that FedEx was delivering... ^_^

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Were they on horseback? Drunk?

No... they have these really cool horseless carriages... I believe that ehy call them automobiles; although I doubt the concept will catch on... probably just another fad like those cell phones that are finding their way to the waste bin. ^_^

Drunk? Nope... they keep those contraptions on the cobble stone roads... but they did scare my mules and chickens...

CollegeBoy

Forum Lieutenant
How could I be so stupid. I had planned on catching up on my sleep deprevation last night, going to bed at midnight and setting my alarm at 11. However, due to my ever increasing fatigue <_<, I forgot to make my sacrafice to the almight god Motorola :unsure:. This made his circuitboards very angery :angry:. So in that anger he decided the punishment that best fit me was for me to accumulate less than four hours in that 11 hour period. Now its past 11, and I can't go to sleep because I have to be in town at noon.