the 100% directionless thread

guardian528

Forum Lieutenant
Quagmire, you belong in a tree, because you're a nut

MIkePrekopa

Forum Crew Member
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. :ph34r:

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
Mountain Res-Q: if the reports I'm hearing for Tahoe weather are accurate, I'm glad you finished before tonight.

Now I'm hoping that it'll keep snowing and ski season can start earlier than in the past few years. :)

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Mountain Res-Q: if the reports I'm hearing for Tahoe weather are accurate, I'm glad you finished before tonight.

Now I'm hoping that it'll keep snowing and ski season can start earlier than in the past few years. :)

Snow? In Tahoe? ???

It has been really cold here, but there was never any threat of snow at the search. The first night was cold at about 25 degrees F and there was frost on the windows of vehicles there, but it was getting warmer as the searh went on... but I have heard nothing about snow... then again, the searhc was at 5,000 to 5,500 feet, and Tahoe is not only higher in elevation but further north.

Please God, NO SNOW YET!!! ^_^

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
Snow? In Tahoe? ???

It has been really cold here, but there was never any threat of snow at the search. The first night was cold at about 25 degrees F and there was frost on the windows of vehicles there, but it was getting warmer as the searh went on... but I have heard nothing about snow... then again, the searhc was at 5,000 to 5,500 feet, and Tahoe is not only higher in elevation but further north.

Please God, NO SNOW YET!!! ^_^

Yes snow. I have family that just called to say it's coming down at lake level.

Edit: but not sticking, apparently. If it gets into the 20's and keeps going, that should make for some fun ice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Yes snow. I have family that just called to say it's coming down at lake level.

Edit: but not sticking, apparently. If it gets into the 20's and keeps going, that should make for some fun ice.

Yuck... ya... just read the weather... snow levels over here expected to drop to 4700 feet (just above me) if itshould rain... GOD NOOOOO!!!

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
My wonderful significant other appears to have the swine flu. I suspect I had it already, and am not displaying any symptoms after tons of exposure... but seriously, FML.

Yuck... ya... just read the weather... snow levels over here expected to drop to 4700 feet (just above me) if itshould rain... GOD NOOOOO!!!

Yuck... cold rain is the worst. Did you get stuck in it?

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Yuck... cold rain is the worst. Did you get stuck in it?

It rained all night Saturday into Sunday morning. I woke up about 0200 on Sunday and had to rush outside to protect the topless jeep from the rain. Was not expecting that rain at all. Didn't rain much at all lower down the hill. But in my little town (4000 feet) it rained pretty long and good. Temperature this am at 0800 was 39 degrees. Snow above ~6000 feet forced the closure of all the mountain passes (including the two in my county - Sonora Pass and Tioga Pass in Yosemite). Really odd since just 10 days ago temps were in the 90's. Expect the snow level (if it snows) to be down to 4500-5000 tonight. But the weather says that the temps will go back up soon... and more snow seems unlikely... but who knows...

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Quagmire, you belong in a tree, because you're a nut

Ha! Reminds me of a story that Kent, one of our crewmembers told me. Back in the 90s sometime he was on with his usual partner and they got paged out to a possible psych patient. Well that guy came to the door wearing nothing but clear Saran wrap and the comment made by Kent's partner was, "I can clearly see you're nuts!" Well that was mis-interpreted by the pt who thought it was: I can clearly see your nuts! :p I'm gussing it was not fun after that.

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
I have my choice of partners for an event standby tomorrow. Either a basic who constantly wears a giant freaking knife/window punch thing and steth around his neck, or a basic/premed who wants to grow up and be just like House... and has already started treating patients as though he is.

Either way, it's gonna be a long six hours...

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Got the last of my needed CEUs in for recert in December... Scheduled a 3 hour Wilderness Fracture/Dislocation class for SAR with a MD/FACEP that had been in Medicine and SAR forever (sent to Medic school in the 70's specificlly for SAR before Medics were even on Ambulance in my area). Some really interesting concepts that many here would probably disagree with because it departs so greatly from street protocols... but medically speaking it is the best interest of the patient... which is all that matters to me... LOL

Working on scheduling another class with him (the fourth) on spinal care and selective imobilization in the wilderness setting.

We held the class at the ambo HQ and they offered CEU's for us. Always nice of them... then they said, "Hey want to join us tomarrow for EVOC?" SURE!!! So, with those CEU's I am set for the year. Not to mention, it was nice (and strange) to be driving an ambo again. It has been 4 years for me now... and I really need to get back on ambo and revisit my failed medic and or PA plans from 8 years ago... -_-

john76

Forum Probie
anyone seen that new nbc show trauma if so what is your take on it.i have liked the first two episodes alot.

CollegeBoy

Forum Lieutenant
anyone seen that new nbc show trauma if so what is your take on it.i have liked the first two episodes alot.

Couldn't even finish the first episode: I have to hate it. It is going to give EMS a bad reputation and thats not something we need.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief

Not in EMS long? Attracted to the L&S? Wanna drive fast? Wanna be a hero? People without a clue about real EMS are the only ones that could like this show. It is pure garbage, a disservice to EMS, and will only help to attract whackers to the profession and give the public misinformation. If you want to know everyone's thoughts on this show, there is an entire thread on it that is 160+ posts long.

http://www.emtlife.com/showthread.php?t=14612

CollegeBoy

Forum Lieutenant
I hate this time of year. Too cold to go around in a tshirt, still warm enough that you are labeled a nut head if you dress too warmly. ERGH:angry:!!

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I hate this time of year. Too cold to go around in a tshirt, still warm enough that you are labeled a nut head if you dress too warmly. ERGH:angry:!!

Hey! I really don't care if people think I am a nut. As long as I'm warm!

I hate the cold. Anyone else find that winter kinda goes like this: Starts to get cold. First you deny that winter is starting, then you get angry, then you accept it and can't wait for the first snow to fly. Two days after snow, you just wasnt the whole winter thing to be over and untill spring you just get more and more upset with each snow fall untill around mid February you vow to move to New Mexico if it ever warms up here and you can get out of your driveway.

Ha! (just kidding of course)

Medic744

Forum Captain
I have had it with certain people today, people should seriously consider ALL ramifications of their words before sending an email or text message. If it bites you in the booty that is not my problem. Just my rant for the day.