the 100% directionless thread

Sasha

Forum Chief
Got to use sign language with a patient today. She was deaf, getting transported. Ultimately we did use pen and paper, but I knew a few things like how to tell her I'm going to take her blood pressure, pulse, ask if she was in pain or out of breath. She also taught me the sign for diabetes, hypertension, paramedic, nausea, dizzy or light headed, indicate that I was going to listen to breathe sounds and a couple other things.

I love learning from patients.

Archymomma

Forum Crew Member
Got to use sign language with a patient today. She was deaf, getting transported. Ultimately we did use pen and paper, but I knew a few things like how to tell her I'm going to take her blood pressure, pulse, ask if she was in pain or out of breath. She also taught me the sign for diabetes, hypertension, paramedic, nausea, dizzy or light headed, indicate that I was going to listen to breathe sounds and a couple other things.

I love learning from patients.

that is really cool.
I took sign in college and have used it with my kids.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Wow, I'm about to join the statistic, I sign divorce papers on tuesday. It's happening soooooooo fast. No doubts, I just thought the lawyer was a little busier than this, and that I wouldn't hear back until monday.

medic417

The Truth Provider
How the heck can someone not realize they are near full term....:glare:

Easy. Many women/girls are not regular so they do not realize they are missing periods. Also some are already fat. Some women do not gain any weight and remain skinny.

I have had patients deny any chance of being pregnant. They did not look pregnant. Yet ever couple of minutes they doubled up in pain. Checked them and they had minor amount of discharge. Guess what they were full term and delivered healthy full term baby at the hospital.

I'm sure theres more reasons.

Sasha

Forum Chief
So today sucked.

Got screwed at the mechanic, grandma went to the hospital AGAIN with CHF.

However, after all this time, I FINALLY got my approval to test letter (convinced my partner to run over to the school on our lunch break.) and will be dropping the paperwork in the mail box later tonight. Medic is so close, I can taste it.

I think I may make a copy of the letter and frame it hahahah.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
So today sucked.

Got screwed at the mechanic, grandma went to the hospital AGAIN with CHF.

However, after all this time, I FINALLY got my approval to test letter (convinced my partner to run over to the school on our lunch break.) and will be dropping the paperwork in the mail box later tonight. Medic is so close, I can taste it.

I think I may make a copy of the letter and frame it hahahah.

Sorry to hear about your rotten luck, but good luck on the testing!

As for my day... only tech on the floor with 25 patients... And some nurses that thought that what they told me came over everyhting else..

flhtci01

Forum Captain
Headed to Margaritaville tonight:) and its a balmy 54 degrees out:sad:.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow, I'm about to join the statistic, I sign divorce papers on tuesday. It's happening soooooooo fast. No doubts, I just thought the lawyer was a little busier than this, and that I wouldn't hear back until monday.

Congrats!

tenchar

I had an insanely sick pt today. Had a pulmonary embolism from a ruptured trachea. CCT IFT. PT has a 20% collapsed lung on right, but still somehow sat'd at 98% and showed adequate perfusion...

From the words of the nurse after the call. "That lady was f'ing sick"

Medic744

Forum Captain
LOL Gave my shift a new nickname "The Band Aid Brigade" Im even thinking of putting "Sponsored by Johnson and Johnson" on the side of the truck. Seriously have done 3 refusals today because each time we got called all the people wanted was their very very very minor ouchy fixed.

MIkePrekopa

Forum Crew Member
Rescue_mission_by_CookiemagiK.gif

ITz a resq misson

Sasha

Forum Chief
And just think, you are contributing to it and bumping it to the top.