the 100% directionless thread

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
Just wanting to vent about my last call. Not the actual call but about the nurse (not RN bashing-some are my best friends) just one in particular.
Here it goes:
0530 we get called out to 70ish male with high fever and lethargy. Sure enough when we get there its a good possibility that he has an infection around his new portacath site. No biggie. Take him to hospital. Triage nurse gets snotty cause I forgot to call report (it happens). Wonderful charge nurse gets us a room. Room nurse takes report then turns to daughter of pt and goes "Is he a full code?" Confused daughter asks "Whats that?"
Nurse: Its where if he stops breathing then we jump up and down on his chest and save him.
Daughter: Yes thats what we want
Nurse goes into a rant about Obama care and how if he gets his way then they will no longer be allowed to do that because the pt would not have any quality of life.

Me: In shock that she would just jump into a mess like that and be rude to the patient and his daughter. All I could do is bite my tongue and make a break for it.

Is it just me or was the nurse over the line. She had no right to push her personal political views on a patient or upset the family like that. I have worked with this nurse at another hospital and she is always rude to ev everybody.

End of rant
+

Well if it was me, I would report her to whomever is in charge. Or told the patients daughter too.
How dear she make a comment like that. That is totally out of order.
I assume nurses in the States have to follow a Code of Ethic's as do the nurses in this country.
A comment like that should go on that nurse's record.
Just my 10 cents worth.

Cheers Enjoynz

Sasha

Forum Chief
I'm hungry and the pickles I bought and spent hours opening are the wrong pickles. And I'm too lazy to go get food.

Man. I really need a butler.

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm hungry and the pickles I bought and spent hours opening are the wrong pickles.

don't you hate it when that happens? such a disappointment.

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm listening to Youth Gone Wild right now... Skid Row is pretty much awesome

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
I actually remember all of it. I didn't get THAT celebratory! Though, FYI, Mexican flavored water + nachos from Main Event = no good.

i'll remember that. lol.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Was driving on the freeway today and saw an MVC right in front of me. Guy hit a big orange traffic barrel, and for some reason, darted across the freeway and ran up the embankment, and spun and rolled over.

I was debating whether I should stop or not, but decided against it and just called 911.

Sasha

Forum Chief
My partner today is CRAZY into World of Warcraft. He talks about it constantly, reads books, brings a laptop just to play it, and ONLY drinks the blue WoW mountain dew and water. Totally nuts.

And today, I am going to drink the red/orangeish world of war craft mountain dew ALL day, just to tease him.

oneluv79

Forum Crew Member
My partner today is CRAZY into World of Warcraft. He talks about it constantly, reads books, brings a laptop just to play it, and ONLY drinks the blue WoW mountain dew and water. Totally nuts.

And today, I am going to drink the red/orangeish world of war craft mountain dew ALL day, just to tease him.

lol....He might use his sword on you.....lol

Scout

Para-Noid
imgmyths04.gif

http://img195.imageshack.us/i/imgmyths04.gif/

Any guesses what this formula is....

Given.
(L) the light available
(S) reduced visual ability due to atmospheric conditions
(Vo) Quality of vision
(d) Distance
(An) Alcohol consumed

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob123

Forum Crew Member

Scout

Para-Noid
Its a formula to denote the effect of your perception of beauty relitive to alcohol consumed.

"over a factor of 50 you start bringing sexy back, while numbers in the 90s have the capability to produce visions of super models"

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
stupid wisdom teeth:sad:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Tomorrow will be fun. Red Cross Disaster Team meeting in the morning, then on to the gun show in the afternoon :D