the 100% directionless thread

medic417

The Truth Provider
Like you wouldnt believe!! Came here in August, only got work papers a few weeks back. And I'm being fast tracked as my wife is a citizen!!

Make sure you do everything by the dates. A friend of mine his wife was a registered alien resident. She missed the renewal date by less than a week, was deported and had to wait 2 years to reapply to return to the USA.

Summit

Critical Crazy
or not oops

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
so as of this hour, Ive been waiting for my Allheart stethoscope order for 20 days. How could a company be that back ordered :(

Hmm interesting story, i meet a Red cross worker at the mexican border across from Arizona. He was giving out humanitarian aid to those deported back. He lived in Alaska for 14 years as a resident, but got deported after he renewed late/let it lapse. Spoke better English than i did.

Last edited by a moderator:

medic417

The Truth Provider
so as of this hour, Ive been waiting for my Allheart stethoscope order for 20 days. How could a company be that back ordered :(

Hmm interesting story, i meet a Red cross worker at the mexican border across from Arizona. He was giving out humanitarian aid to those deported back. He lived in Alaska for 14 years as a resident, but got deported after he renewed late/let it lapse. Spoke better English than i did.

I have transported illegals that speak better English than most of us in the USA. Sad when they work harder to speak properly than we do.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Well, I'm still known as white cloud at my clinicals. One run today. Why can't it be like that at work?

Oh, and I am NEVER working Friday the 13th ever again. I will call off. Ended up working a 21 hr shift (scheduled for 16), my partner put gasoline in our diesel engine an hour out of town, and now she wants to quit work and medic class. Argh!

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Like you wouldnt believe!! Came here in August, only got work papers a few weeks back. And I'm being fast tracked as my wife is a citizen!!

Welcome to the United States, where anything that has to do with the government moves at the blistering speed of cold molasses.

I'm sure you've heard the joke:

If con in the oppisite of pro, then is Congress the oppisite of progress?:p

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh, and I am NEVER working Friday the 13th ever again. I will call off. Ended up working a 21 hr shift (scheduled for 16), my partner put gasoline in our diesel engine an hour out of town, and now she wants to quit work and medic class. Argh!

You know, there is a Fri. the 13th in March also? What really makes them bad though is when you have a full moon that night also!:wacko:

RESQ_5_1

Forum Lieutenant
Well, let me add a little to keep the count going. Almost made it thru an entire tour without a transfer. Then, get a 65 m with liver CA heading back home for palliative care. His BP was crappy/really crappy even after 1500ml bolus. Lung sounds remained clear. My partner was worried she would drown him. Luckily, although his urine output was low, he had plenty of room left in his legs to gather fluid. The worst part is, he is exactly 2 days younger than my dad. And, our pt never smoked a day in his life. My dad smokes like cigarrettes are free.

Sasha

Forum Chief
And I'm being fast tracked as my wife is a citizen!!

Wife? WIFE!?!?!

Say it isn't so, Igor. Say it isn't so!! But... what about us!?

Sasha

Forum Chief
I had a clinical FD ride today.

I had a P.E call you could hear down the hall with some frothy stuff, yum!

I got to use the CPAP.

AND I got to attempt three IVs on her, and when all three were unsucessful, I got to use the EZIO Drill. It was creepy and cool. All at the same time.

DarkHuntressMedic

Forum Probie
huntress, sounds like my night
friday the thirteenth, with only half the number of rigs on the road that we actually need to cover our area, and it's DEAD. Yup, that's right, I'm on duty and I just said it's QUIET, SLOW and that I'm BORED.

Sapphyre- Yes I played the whole game with the gods.... the "q" "s" "b" words last night. I am just starting to get worried now because this shift was slower then normal.... yeh tonight is going to suck- especially because I have things to do Monday morning... inserting foot in mouth now! LOL

I'll let ya know how it goes....if you don't hear from me in the wee hours tomorrow early am- you know what happened!!!

:p

Hope everyone is staying safe out there!

NJN

The Young One
I have come up with a theory based upon my observations of some of us trying to poke the gods with spoons or banned words. One can say all the bad words intentionally and their shift becomes slower or completely dead. On the other hand it is when you say those words by mistake, then you anger the Gods and poop hits the fan.

medic417

The Truth Provider

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
I dunno NJ, I said them on purpose, and the excrement collided with the rotational ventilation device.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief

medic417

The Truth Provider
We had the B.I.G., pretty neat. B)

Much more painfull for the alert patient. EZ IO patients say hurts less than an IV. Yet BIG they tend to scream. We have both.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Much more painfull for the alert patient. EZ IO patients say hurts less than an IV. Yet BIG they tend to scream. We have both.

Wouldn't have mattered either way for me. My patient was so far gone she didn't even move when we drilled 'er. Poor baby :[ Stupid nursing homes.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Wouldn't have mattered either way for me. My patient was so far gone she didn't even move when we drilled 'er. Poor baby :[ Stupid nursing homes.

Most patient are out and honestly dead or close to it before the IO is used many times. But we do try and use it earlier to keep them from getting to that point.