the 100% directionless thread

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Why is it so darn hard to find four used 16 inch, 8 lug steel rims for a 93 Ford?!? I have called every single tire shop in our phone book and NO ONE has any. I have called like 15 shops. Seriously, what the heck?!?

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Why is it so darn hard to find four used 16 inch, 8 lug steel rims for a 93 Ford?!? I have called every single tire shop in our phone book and NO ONE has any. I have called like 15 shops. Seriously, what the heck?!?

8 lugs on a 16" wheel? I thought tires that small only had 4, 5 max.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
8 lugs on a 16" wheel? I thought tires that small only had 4, 5 max.

Our Command Vehicle (Chevy 2500) Has 16" with 8.

Lola99

Forum Lieutenant
hope everyone is ready for a laugh tonight, cause my dispatch is already laughing at me. so why not everyone else..

So I am not sure exactly when this happened, but one of my friends changed his number in my phone to 911. so tonight i decided hey i am going to give him a call and not looking at the number i just hit send. and soon realize hey its 911. so i hang up right away.. than i remember CRAP i am now a 911 hang up.. so i dial dispatch direct line. talk to one of the dispatchers and tell her who i am.. and tell her what has happened.. and she starts laughing and i think she might have fallen off her chair. so please, i am glad that i can make everyones night a great laugh and i think i am going to kill my friend for this lol :wacko:

Tell your friend he's my current hero. I'm stealing that.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

ShannahQuilts

Forum Crew Member
I'd be tempted to try a junkyard, unless this is going to be on an official vehicle. If an official vehicle, you could try Tire Rack.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I'd be tempted to try a junkyard, unless this is going to be on an official vehicle. If an official vehicle, you could try Tire Rack.

I might just do that. The only set I found was a chrome set for 119 a wheel. :-S These are just going to be my snow wheels, so looks really don't matter.

I feel so stupid now, duh! Of course a junkyard or salvage yard would have them. (Maybe....lol)

brentoli

Forum Crew Member
Anyone watch Conan?

Hes in jeggins. It is the scariest thing I have ever seen in my life. Life.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Tell your friend he's my current hero. I'm stealing that.

be careful doing that. It's not truly that funny for someone to call 911 as a prank. It ties up dispatch and can take dispatch longer to answer other 911 calls. Some agencies still send an officer to check the caller in person to confirm everything is truly ok. When it happened to me I was on duty at the station, so it wasn't as big of a deal and also I lucked out that dispatch wasn't busy. Plus I knew the dispatcher.

Last edited by a moderator:

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
be careful doing that. It's not truly that funny for someone to call 911 as a prank. It ties up dispatch and can take dispatch longer to answer other 911 calls. Some agencies still send an officer to check the caller in person to confirm everything is truly ok. When it happened to me I was on duty at the station, so it wasn't as big of a deal and also I lucked out that dispatch wasn't busy. Plus I knew the dispatcher.

I have no idea what this is in reference to, but thanks.

Please, for the love of God don't prank call 911. We get enough of it. And of course you'll conveniently call right when we're getting slammed with calls about a big accident or something and you'll really cause some harm because it will delay us getting to that one gnarly call in the midst of the 800 calls about the same big accident or whatever.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Really? What year? 4x4? Beefed up drivetrain, or stock? (Ie. Mine is a 250, but it has a one ton drivetrain. It was custom, not stock).

My dad's Chev 1500 has 6 lug 16 inchers.

As far as I know it was stock. It had the F44 factory option for heavy duty axles though... but again, I have no idea what the PO might have done to it :p I didn't keep it long enough to mod it too much

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
And I get to go to Odessa today to fill out more paperwork for Odessa College. But then I get to register for medic school in the Spring :) I'd say that counts as official notice that I'm in the program!

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
I have no idea what this is in reference to, but thanks.

Please, for the love of God don't prank call 911. We get enough of it. And of course you'll conveniently call right when we're getting slammed with calls about a big accident or something and you'll really cause some harm because it will delay us getting to that one gnarly call in the midst of the 800 calls about the same big accident or whatever.

someone made the comment of wanting to do the prank that one of my friends did to me. Changing there number in someones phone to 911

wyoskibum

Forum Captain
Better numbers than 911

someone made the comment of wanting to do the prank that one of my friends did to me. Changing there number in someones phone to 911

You could always look up a number for a "singles hotline" and program that into someone's phone as a prank. 1-900-HOT-BABE

Lola99

Forum Lieutenant

I'm not senseless. We know ours too -all 2 of them. (That's a lie. Two at a time, but not much more total.) I live in Hickheaven. But our non-emergent number would be my target.

Just reminded me of the time we delivered coffee and donuts to one of our dispatchers after shift before we went back to base. Before her shift ended she dispatched us to a local gas station (2 buildings north of our base) for coffee and donuts as a joke.

Lola99

Forum Lieutenant
You could always look up a number for a "singles hotline" and program that into someone's phone as a prank. 1-900-HOT-BABE

If not on your friends, try these for yourself sometime:
Break Up B****- (781)452-2075
Don't * and Drive- (954)482-4312
Everyone Farts - (317)352-6526
Psychiatric Hotline - (973)409-3277

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
And I get to go to Odessa today to fill out more paperwork for Odessa College.

Watch out for this guy

500full.jpg

Yes, Brown posted that again so what? :D

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Don't get all defensive. Some of us on here live in a free country.

So does Brown, free to kick your *** lol just kidding

*Brown gives Lights a big hug and smothers him in his snuggly orange 'DOCTOR" jumpsuit

Brown is thinking he could be the host of EMS Nightmares USA ..... mmm yes