the 100% directionless thread

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Wall of text alert ;)

Seirende

Do I want to keep living? No, no I do not. But I will.

Seirende

I called 911 today after failing at my usual coping strategy of finding reasons that it's a bad time to kill myself. A crisis-trained officer came out. It went really well. Honestly he might have gotten better mental health crisis training as a LEO than I did as a medic from what he described.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I called 911 today after failing at my usual coping strategy of finding reasons that it's a bad time to kill myself. A crisis-trained officer came out. It went really well. Honestly he might have gotten better mental health crisis training as a LEO than I did as a medic from what he described.
Glad he was able to help you in your time of crisis.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
During EMT school I was having a tough time at work, studying, at home, etc. I didn't feel like I should use the resources for first responseders since I wasn't even certed yet. Y'all have heard some of the stuff I've dealt with. Code Green campaign. They didn't answer and I took it as a sign that maybe these really were my problems to deal with. Then a minute later, a guy called me. It was a FF with code green. He listened and listened and listened though my tears and upset. I didn't feel like I wasn't good enough or shouldn't have called. He was very patient and understanding and gave good advice.

Sometimes you just need a listener

Seirende

I have my initial physical therapy appointment today

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I’m on day 1/9

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Volunteering as tribute so I don’t get mandated...

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
So the imploding cypress creek is now offering volunteer positions and I dunno. I'm hoping to start medic school on the fall and get another falcon. I don't know how much time I'll have...

Plus I don't want to work for free.

Last edited:

Seirende

You're a falconer?

RocketMedic

So the imploding cypress creek is now offering volunteer positions and I dunno. I'm hoping to start medic school on the fall and get another falcon. I don't know how much time I'll have...

Plus I don't want to work for free.
Those are not functional crew positions. You’re “credentialed” as an EMT-B, and you are allowed to touch patients, but you cannot tech a patient as a lead provider and you can’t drive unless you go through Evoc, so you’re basically a student third rider. Sure, you’re getting a first-hand 911 experience, but it’s not a job or even a particularly serious commitment.

RocketMedic

I believe in you but know your limits. Don't be afraid to speak up. BSI scene safe includes providet exhaustion. 👍
Oh, the optimism of youth lol...

most employers functionally disagree with this assertion and actively work to stamp it out. Heresy, it is called.