the 100% directionless thread

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I really hope youre not serious, otherwise:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Would you ever have believed in a million years thats there would be a nationwide TP shortage because of a respiratory virus?

Everything is in play right now.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
Empty shelves in: soft beverages, canned goods, cleaning supplies, grains & cereals, cookies & alcoholic beverages. Good to see that people are stocking up on important stuff [emoji1303]

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I would not be surprised to see the national guard roll in to manage travel restrictions. That seems like standard procedure from every end of the world movie I've ever seen.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
3... unrelated to anyone in particular, if you have extra cash, I recommend buying stock in things like Ford, Norwegian Cruise Lines, pharm companies, airlines, and logistics companies. They are down bigly...When this corona stuff is done the market is going to bounce back. (Unless of course ol’ AR-14 dog face pony soldier wins the Presidency, we’ll see another Great Recession).
American Express, MasterCard, Disney, and Lockheed Martin were my big purchases in the past week or two.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
American Express, MasterCard, Disney, and Lockheed Martin were my big purchases in the past week or two.
Nothing is a good buy right now. Futures are down massively. Feds cut the rate to 0 so the dollar is as good as toilet paper (if you need some). I expect the market to keep crashing before it gets better. Then I will "buy" if there is still any value in the money I have.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
2... seirenade, are you affiliated with EMS? You work at a grocery store, yet you are a Paramedic? Please clarify, all are welcome here.

My education level is paramedic. I left the field a couple years ago due to medical reasons. I hope to return eventually.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Nothing is a good buy right now. Futures are down massively. Feds cut the rate to 0 so the dollar is as good as toilet paper (if you need some). I expect the market to keep crashing before it gets better. Then I will "buy" if there is still any value in the money I have.
I have 40 years til I retire, I'm not trying to time it. Buying now is still lowering my average costs. It can go down another 3% and stop for all I care, I have time. I'll keep buying on the way down and I'll keep buying on the ride back up.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Futures for tomorrow are down BIG.
Fed cut interest rates to near zero to try and stave off disaster though.
We’re in for a wild ride!

Edit- I see Potato Medic beat me to that.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Futures for tomorrow are down BIG.
Fed cut interest rates to near zero to try and stave off disaster though.
We’re in for a wild ride!

Edit- I see Potato Medic beat me to that.
Just means I'll buy them again soon for cheaper. Maybe I'll buy an put option or two if I stay up late enough (night shift problems).

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
My education level is paramedic. I left the field a couple years ago due to medical reasons. I hope to return eventually.
Did you maintain your certs?
Hope you did. Makes it a lot easier to come back.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Just means I'll buy them again soon for cheaper. Maybe I'll buy an put option or two if I stay up late enough (night shift problems).
Yeah. We’ll see... right now it’s investment gambling... I’m not betting the farm, only what I can play with and if we go back to previous highs I will make out pretty good.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Look, The Corons is real people. Hopefully we’ve all stocked up on the right kind of supplies in the event of a total infrastructural collapse.

Here’s a hint: none of it is material.

We’ve already shared with those closest to us what rations we can provide one another.

I’d love to see more good in the general public than hysteria. Truly disheartening. But, most don’t know what they do not know, only what dog food they’re fed.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Should I buy more rifles?

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah. We’ll see... right now it’s investment gambling... I’m not betting the farm, only what I can play with and if we go back to previous highs I will make out pretty good.
Same. I've mostly kept it to solid companies that I know aren't gonna fold. Threw some in Bitcoin for ****s and giggles because it routinely hovers and 2-3x what I was buying it for.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Not sure the grass is always greener, but organizational burnout has got me thinking about going back to school. Been tossing around the idea anyway, might be the necessary push.

Honestly, going to school is super refreshing. Simply having the ability to change course to another profession or aspect of healthcare or whatever is reallya positive game changer.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Honestly, going to school is super refreshing. Simply having the ability to change course to another profession or aspect of healthcare or whatever is reallya positive game changer.
Yeah that's kinda what I'm going for. It's not EMS. I absolutely love being a Paramedic. But everything else nearby is fire based and picking up and moving states isn't really a feasible option at the moment. My only EMS out is the hospital flight team and that app got turned down. Might as well build myself up in the time being to create options.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Hopefully at some point kind gestures outweigh the selfishness people in general have been displaying amidst all of the hysteria. That’s it.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
Yeah that's kinda what I'm going for. It's not EMS. I absolutely love being a Paramedic. But everything else nearby is fire based and picking up and moving states isn't really a feasible option at the moment. My only EMS out is the hospital flight team and that app got turned down. Might as well build myself up in the time being to create options.
Fire isnt all bad man. It gets a bad rap and Ive been as guilty as the next guy for bagging on them, but now that I'm part of it, outside of a few 3rd services, cant beat the pay and benefits. Sometimes I can't believe I get paid to drive an engine and be a medic